Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS to ISE Migration Licenses

rroulhac
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All,

Hope all is well and that you’re having a great day. I came across the ACS to ISE promotion and was hoping to get some clarification on the below

• - Is there a limitation to the number of migration appliances an ACS customer can order, is it a 1:1 appliance restriction?
  • - I do not see the ‘ACS-ISE-MIG’ SKU’s in the eligible products list, is this SKU not eligible? I ask because I see this referenced in the ISE ordering guide for ACS customers who don’t have ISE.
  • - Is the only requirement to qualify customers is that they are a current ACS customer with an ACS license? No restrictions on version or hardware, such as SNS-3415/3515, etc… - correct?
  • - If the customer orders the migration products, are they required to deprecate their ACS deployment or can they still run this in parallel and are there any contingencies doing so?

I ask because I believe in the 2016 ordering guide it was a 1:1 order of appliances for legacy ACS/NAC/and ISE appliances (33x5). Now it seems it is 1:1 for legacy ISE (33x5) appliances or a however many you need appliances for ACS no matter the version or appliance.

Any Assistance would be helpful.

--

Grace and Peace,

Robert E Roulhac Jr

Virtual Systems Engineer II

Cisco TSN (Technical Solutions Network)

rroulhac@cisco.com

Office: 919.5745455

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

surasky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Robert,

for ACS to ISE migration pid the limitation is 1:1. for each ACS appliance you can order one ISE appliance.

The migration bundles (ACS-ISE-MIG-S and ACS-ISE-MIG-M) are only for existing ACS customers with no ISE. please read the ordering guide for more info and instructions.

If customer order the migration pids, we have no way to track or to enforce the deprecation of the ACS migration, but this is the main motivation to migrate to ISE.

Tal.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

surasky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Robert,

for ACS to ISE migration pid the limitation is 1:1. for each ACS appliance you can order one ISE appliance.

The migration bundles (ACS-ISE-MIG-S and ACS-ISE-MIG-M) are only for existing ACS customers with no ISE. please read the ordering guide for more info and instructions.

If customer order the migration pids, we have no way to track or to enforce the deprecation of the ACS migration, but this is the main motivation to migrate to ISE.

Tal.