cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Office routing

m1c
Level 1
Level 1

I have a remote office set up with a cable modem and a static pool about a dozen addresses).

At the home office we have a T1 connection in front of a PIX. What I'm trying to do is to be able to address the devices at the remote site behind the cable modem (using a spare router I have) with our private address range. That way we could do toll bypass with CallManager, etc.

I have some ideas on how this can be done, but I'd rather confer with some of y'all before I do something that may not be the best idea.

If you wish, we can converse privately - m1c@ingersoll-imc.com.

4 Replies 4

Hi,

I am not sure if I understand your setup correctly, but it sounds like you could use a tunnel to reach the remote site using your private space addresses. can you make a drawing of your setup ?

Regards,

Georg

Ok, crude as it is, here you go:

hub (3Com)>

Clients at remote end sign in using the Microsoft VPN client. We do have a Frame Relay circuit up there, but the pipe is way small and is only used for printing to static addresses.

ummm....not responding to your question but you miight want to watch yourself as far as what information you out out here....This is WAY to much info than what is needed to help you out. Next time make the IP address something that can represent a public and private IP address w/o actully putting the real things out here.

You could setup a PIX-IOS (router) VPN tunnel:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/110/39.html