cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PAP2T: use of ! in dial plan - what effect does it have?

I have a couple of PAP2T analogue telephone adapters one of which I use for VoIP access - which works very well.

I have included in the dial plan the entry

09!

to block calls to high cost premium rate numbers starting 09. However I cannot find any information as to what happens if such a number is dialled. Should I get a number unavailable tone, a busy signal, a voice message or what? I have tried formats such as

09!

09x!

09x.!

0906!

the last number - 0906 - being an attempt to block a supposedly complete four digit number even though such numbers do not exist in the UK. At each attempt I just get silence. I know of someone else who is suffering the same problem.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong (if anything) please so that I can get the function to work.

TIA

1 Reply 1

mbrackett2994
Level 1
Level 1

Andrew, Please check out this link.  It shows how to use the Wildcard and special characters for use in dial plans.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/idp/1001/dpdep/DP_Intro.html

If you have Dialed number analyzer you can test how the calls are handled with the dial plan configuration you have set up.