Helpful
Replies

🎧Q: How to connect a Cisco Headset 730 with a Mac computer?🎧

davidfit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A: There are three options, you may:

1. Plug the USB HD Adapter into the Mac

• Simply plug the adapter into your computer’s USB port. Turn your headset on. Unless you have disabled audible notifications, you should hear an announcement saying that the USB Adapter has been connected. If not, you may need to pair your adapter with your headset. Please consult the troubleshooting section, for how to pair your Cisco Headset 730 with the USB HD Adapter.

2. Connect via Native Bluetooth if your computer has Bluetooth capability.

• On your Mac, open bluetooth preferences, either by clicking the bluetooth icon on the top taskbar or via System Preferences. Ensure bluetooth is turned ON.

image.png

• Put your headset in pairing mode. The Cisco HS 730-xxx (where xxx is the last 3 characters of the serial number) should appear in your list of bluetooth devices. Press Connect.

image.png3. Connect directly via USB cable

• Plug the USB cable which came provided with the Cisco Headset 730 into your Mac’s USB port.
  • Ensure the Cisco Headset 730 is turned on.
1 Reply 1

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Good try, but no cigar.

I absolutely refuse to use the USB bluetooth adapter - you may not have noticed that it is USB-A, not USB-C which is the adapter on most Mac computers.

Sure, my iPhone can see the headphones, but I want to pair with my Mac.  If anyone manages to do this please let me know HOW

MacOS Monterey, v12.5

[Edit 2022.08.13 Answer turned out to be: Reboot computer - also check out my unboxing video]

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: