cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Breakout Rooms and Video

anthony.foisy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - In Webex Training Center when I create a breakout session is there any way for the participants in that breakout to share video feeds during the breakout so they can see each other and collaborate or are the breakout sessions strictly audio conferences only with no video capability?  Thanks in advance for any insights!

6 Replies 6

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

Attendee videos and sharing is now available in Breakout Rooms in Webex Meetings.  Training is scheduled to be migrated to Meetings in the next year and almost all functionality of Trainings is included in Meetings now.  Some things that are not migrated yet include Hands-On Labs, Testing and some of the Scheduling options.

Response Signature

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Video is not a supported feature in breakout rooms. Please be on the lookout later this year when breakout rooms are potentially added to Webex Meetings and this will likely give you the functionality you need.

Thank you, good to know and I will definitely be on the lookout later this year.

Hey, @Mike_Brezicky 

Do we know yet that Breakout Rooms will definitely be added to WebEx Meetings?  Or if they will upgrade WebEx Training allowing for full video functionality in Breakout Rooms.  Or both?

I know they will be providing these options in the coming months (and it will be most welcome at our firm!), I just haven't received the details yet as to how either or both will be affected.

Thanks!

I suspect Training will be rolled into Meetings and then deprecated. It just feels like an old platform and would be better if the functionality can be uniform across meetings in general.

"It just feels like an old platform..."

I couldn't agree more.

"...and would be better if the functionality can be uniform across meetings in general."

Agree again.  I think it would benefit the user to simplify the choice to one resource with all the options built in and available based on the video conference set up.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.