cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Community Ask Me Anything - Paving the Way to the Next Normal with Webex

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
This topic is a chance to discuss how influential customers are leveraging Webex to drive their businesses forward, enable impactful communication, and facilitate effortless collaboration.

To participate in this event, please use the Join the Discussion : Cisco Ask the Expertbutton below to ask your questions

Ask questions from Tuesday, June 23 to Friday, July 3 2020

Featured Experts
people-webex.pngWebex team is a group of Webex experts that will help you solve your questions.

The experts might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation on the Webex Adoption Community.

Slides AMA AMA AMA

Do you know you  can get answers before opening a TAC case by visiting the Cisco Community.  

**Helpful votes Encourage Participation! **
Please be sure to rate the Answers to Questions

8 Replies 8

EdgarArana69445
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Miguel

An excellent case study is Plan Ceibal in Uruguay with 80,000 students

https://video.cisco.com/video/5378938983001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1ZAjDxYO90

Regards

Edgar

Hi all, here is a new blog that mentions how an intelligent workspace can help provide a safe working environment. Check out the link below! :)

https://futureofwork.webex.com/how-intelligent-workspaces-can-enable-a-safe-return-to-office-work/

Response Signature

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Webex experts, enthusiasts and ambassadors, thanks for providing this session.

Please help us out to answer couple of remaining questions of the live event:

• Currently there is only iLBC audio codec available in on-prem Webex systems. It is a bit low quality codec. Is there any plan to increase the audio quality for on-prem Webex? Like implementing Opus codec that will make a great audio experience?
  • Does anyone have watercooler sessions o social sessions?

"Does anyone have watercooler sessions or social sessions?"

Great question, and thanks for attending our first live event! Not sure who asked this, but I am curious, what would you like to see in these types of sessions? I am open to hosting those types of sessions here in the Webex Community, so let me know what you would like to see. Thanks for the question! :)

Response Signature

Can you tell me when Webex Meetings will support Breakout Sessions and when Webex Training will be able to use camera stream during breakouts (currently only audio-conference is available during breakout)?

Hi Miguel, thank you for attending our recent live event! :) I hope you learned a lot!

Video breakouts for Webex Meetings are scheduled late Q3. To answer your second question, there are not plans to add video breakouts to Webex Trainings at this time.

Response Signature

I'm a big supporter of Webex solutions, and try to convince customers of the benfits of these solutions. But I work a lot with schools, and I´m not finding any case studies of schools in my country (Ecuador), or even in Latin America that much, to try to show that in our region Webex is also successful in schools (K-12). I've already consulted with distributors and account manager but haven't gotten a straight answer. Does anyone know of case studies of Latin schools that successfully use Webex Suite?

Also, can you confirm that in latin schools Meetings has been used successfully having 40 cameras streaming in the same Webex, school, many cameras, stability,session? I´m asking this because many have complained to me that video is not that stable in my country when using Webex, but for some reason Zoom can handle that volume of video in a more stable way. And a lot of people here want to be able to see everyone with Meetings is a stable manner, and they stay from Training because you can only see up to 6 cameras at a time.

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you all for attending today's live event! I had a blast! If you were not able to make it to the live event, welcome! You can find the presentations and event recording above!

As mentioned, transitioning into the Next Normal of work comes with a lot of questions, so feel free to ask any that you may have here! Or, go ahead and share how your organization is currently transforming!

In the presentation, I mentioned a comprehensive guide to approaching the next normal, here is the link: https://www.webex.com/content/dam/webex/eopi/assets/adoption-toolkits/Guide%20to%20the%20next%20normal.pdf

Response Signature

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.