Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation option for closed captions on Webex

RFC_2549
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have some questions about real time translation on Webex, I looked at this doc https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/nqzpeei/Show-real-time-translation-and-transcription-in-Meetings-and-Webinars and it says that "Real-time translation is supported as a paid add-on" and then "4 spoken languages are included for free to users with Webex Assistant or automated closed captions". So I'm correct if I understand that real-time translation and automated closed captions are two different things? Also, 4 languages are included for free, but I can have the captions only in English or  I have also the other languages available? How can they be considered free if I have to pay for the translation add-on?

Also, if I'm a professor that want to share a captioned meeting/webinar recorded to students from different Country that speaks different languages, can I add caption after I did the recording?
Always thinking to a similar situation, if I'm the professor that is recording a lesson on meeting/webinar, can I enable closed caption and record them so people will see the caption on the recorded video? The closed caption writes down also the voice of who is recording or only the other partecipants voice?

I read in the document that "Each participant can select their own preferred language to translate to. The maximum number of unique languages that can be used at the same time in a meeting is five." so if the professor enables the translation in (for example) spanish, french and english the students can see the recording with all the 3 translations below the video?

Last question, the recording video's embedded transcript is part of the "Real-Time Translation license" or is a different product? Can I choose to disable it and enable only the translation in real time of the speaker's voice?

Thank You and kind regards

1 Reply 1

mithomp2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello
You Are correct 4 Languages  by default but up 13 total spoken languages and 100+ caption languages.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.