cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use case struggles

bdemaine
Level 1
Level 1

In a large (mostly siloed) organization has anyone else found it difficult to develop use cases that fit a department that spans the company. I am finding people can't agree with ideas even within a single department/practice.

Any tips on how to overcome these kind of disagreements? Should I just have multiple use cases that they can choose from?

3 Replies 3

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

We are very siloed as well but I've found that if I create a  couple of use cases it provides a starting point for additional conversations with others.  Our staff don't typically think of needs until someone gives an example and then it starts others to think of situations that could be helped with process changes. 

There will always be disagreements so it's important to get as much detail from users during discovery and review the effects of each request to find a balance between what their ideal result is and what is manageable and long-term supportable.  Avoid being a "yes" person as what they think they need isn't always what they really need and it's not until they have a chance to review all the available results that they can decide on the best choice.

Good luck!

Response Signature

Great post. Than you for the insights

I would suggest starting small and getting bigger. Go for further aggregations. A bunch of use cases from which users can pick their own is a good strategy. Try to engage opinion leaders within your community to start developing use cases.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.