Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex private accounts going over to a company webex control hub

Soon our company will bring in webex users, personal accounts to our banks organisation.

If a user has a personal account with a personal account can we bring all their settings etc over.

Also we have users who have created a personal account using the companies email address.

Again is this easy to bring over without them losing any of their meeting settings etc.

Th

7 Replies 7

Thanks for those URLS, but for some reason when I put in their email addresses with our domain accounts, X@X.com, X@X.co.uk they dont appear. I have opened a TAC case for this but unless you have come across this issue.

Thanks

Derek

On my previous I should have stated when trying to CLAIM them with our domain suffix

Hi, @derekmetcalfe94720 .  Where are you trying to claim and they don't appear, do you mean in the Manage Users > Claim Users and where you see the list of the accounts pending claim?  If so, I can think only of a few possibilities:
1. The account was claimed by another organization (if using your domain suffix, I would think this unlikely unless you have a ferocious competitor)

2. The account is already part of your organization and you missed seeing it in the user list, also doubtful, as if seems you know what you're looking for

3. The user is not really using their corporate email for an account

Either way, if you provide TAC a list of the email addresses in question, they should be able to look it up via API to see "where" it is associated.  I hope this helped to some degree, and best of luck.

Response Signature

there is no way to claim the mentioned users, because they are part of non
CI (common identity) organization. Where the user management is done from
the Admin page of the Webex site and not from Control Hub. The reason why
you are not able to check the box for conversation transfer is the same.
The non CI organization have only meetings services and do not including
Teams services where we have a chat conversation which can be transferred
from the free account to the paid one. Also the users will be able to use
their free Webex meetings account and the new paid in the same time,
because there is no relation between the two. However if the users wants
to delete their free Webex meetings account hey can.

In which case, if the objective is to provide chat functions and since they have none in the non-CI org, can't you just create them as a new user in your Org?  It will mean the user will need to make some decisions as to how they log in to Webex meetings and set up their productivity tools, etc, but they should be able to use the Webex App with their alias@yourcompany.com and optionally use their non-CI Webex Meetings by either logging in to via Browser or possibly the Webex Desktop App?

Response Signature

@derekmetcalfe94720 , did you get your question answered here?  Take care.

Response Signature

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi.
If a user used their company email address to sign up for an account, you can claim that account into your organization with the option of keeping prior data.
https://help.webex.com/en-us/nceb8tm/Claim-Users-to-Your-Organization-Convert-Users
However, if they are using an email address with a different domain, this may not be possible.
Per, https://help.webex.com/en-us/ndta402/Add-a-User-with-Existing-Free-Webex-Account, "In some cases, your users have private email accounts, with email domains that you do not own and cannot claim. For example, free email accounts from third-party service providers, like Google or Yahoo. You can still manually add those users to your organization, unless they are already using Webex with that email address."
You could have users not using their corporate email address change their free Webex account to their corporate email address, provided they do not already have a duplicate account.
https://help.webex.com/en-us/nme40aeb/Change-the-Email-Address-for-Your-Account

Response Signature
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.