cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Productivity Tools "Send As"

Spaniard141
Level 1
Level 1

We have a group of Webex users that do not want their e-mail made public to everyone they invite to a meeting. We have created a room mailbox in exchange for them to use mainly for Webex Calendar Sharing with other users and would like to use that e-mail address the address the meeting invitations are coming from. In Outlook We have the ability to give someone permissions to "Send As" another user and when creating a new e-mail we can choose that option and send an e-mail as the room mailbox we created, however when using the productivity tools in Outlook to schedule a meeting it automatically defaults to the user's e-mail address and we are unable to select "send as". Does anyone know of a way around that?

1 Accepted Solution

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Spaniard141

Thanks for posting your question here in the Webex Community. When sending out Webex meeting invites in Outlook with the Productivity tools, it will send a meeting invite with whatever HOST account you have logged in and added as your preference. So you have to have a host account with the room mailbox, and then you can log into that within the productivity tools. See screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 11.30.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 11.34.48 AM.png

Another route of scheduling with the room mailbox host account would be going directly into your site and inviting people directly such as the screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 11.38.46 AM.png

 You can also just schedule it with your room mailbox host account on your site and take the link and meeting info and copy that into an outlook invite. I have to host live events for Cisco and I use our mailbox email, so I do the same sort of thing you are trying to accomplish. I do hope this helps, my friend!

Let me know if you have any follow ups!

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Spaniard141

Thanks for posting your question here in the Webex Community. When sending out Webex meeting invites in Outlook with the Productivity tools, it will send a meeting invite with whatever HOST account you have logged in and added as your preference. So you have to have a host account with the room mailbox, and then you can log into that within the productivity tools. See screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 11.30.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 11.34.48 AM.png

Another route of scheduling with the room mailbox host account would be going directly into your site and inviting people directly such as the screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 11.38.46 AM.png

 You can also just schedule it with your room mailbox host account on your site and take the link and meeting info and copy that into an outlook invite. I have to host live events for Cisco and I use our mailbox email, so I do the same sort of thing you are trying to accomplish. I do hope this helps, my friend!

Let me know if you have any follow ups!

Response Signature

That's exactly what I was looking for .... Thank you

Glad to hear I could get you what you needed. Have a great rest of your day @Spaniard141 

If you have any other questions, feel free to post them here in the Webex Community. Cheers!

Response Signature

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.