cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the most important aspect of the adoption methodology?

mollydubow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the Webex adoption methodology we have business drivers, the five pillars of success (leadership; technical readiness; use cases; communications; champions), and the measurement components. When you are driving change in your organization - which one is your powerhouse MUST have to ensure success?

What resources do you use?

Don't be shy on details! Tell us the story of how you were successful.

Response Signature

161 Replies 161

Sure, here is a shorter version of my story:

I believe that leadership is the most important factor for ensuring the success of Webex adoption. Without strong leadership, it is difficult to get buy-in from stakeholders, to set clear goals, and to track progress.

In my own organization, we were not seeing a significant increase in video conferencing usage until we got the support of our leadership team. Once we had their buy-in, we were able to set clear goals, track our progress, and make adjustments as needed. We also saw a significant increase in video conferencing usage.

In addition to leadership, the other pillars of success are also important. Technical readiness, use cases, communications, and champions all play a role in ensuring the success of Webex adoption.

I hope this shorter version is helpful. If you are driving change in your organization, I encourage you to focus on leadership and the other pillars of success. With strong leadership and a commitment to the methodology, you can achieve success with Webex.

enzodiego45673
Level 1
Level 1

Clearly defining the objectives and desired outcomes of the adoption process is crucial. It is essential to align these objectives with the overall strategy and goals of the organization. Having a clear vision of what the adoption aims to achieve helps in planning and executing the methodology effectively.

Great Features

Faisal Shahzad

williams.mark.m
Level 1
Level 1

My default answer for this is typically communications as communications is at the center of so much of what we do both in business and regular life, but I am going to make a change here and say that it is leadership. Without having leadership engaged, the rest of the business drivers crumble. That being said, the use of the other drives is often what will engage leadership. Providing use cases on what we're after, communicating it to leadership, using additional champions to help, and proving that we're technically ready for the solution will all help in getting leadership on boarded.

atapia0011
Level 1
Level 1

Good information

Soumya Roy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Key deliverables to any success story include effective communication, educational initiatives, and ongoing improvements, all aimed at fostering user engagement and cultivating their interest in advancing their platform knowledge.

pallavi007
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Each pillar of success has an important role to ensure successful adoption but for me most important remains Communication along with technical readiness. Its important to listen and understand customer's needs before starting the adoption. Conducting training sessions, live demos and sharing latest webex announcements helps the end users adopt as well as stay updated with new features.

Huxley545
Level 1
Level 1

The most important aspect of the adoption methodology is ensuring that the end-users are fully engaged and supported throughout the adoption process. This means providing clear communication and education about the changes being made, addressing any concerns or questions they may have, and providing training and support to help them adapt to the new technology or process.

sandy etie
Level 1
Level 1

We all agree that each pillar contributes to a great adoption strategy, but I would also agree that Communications rule above everything else. Through communication, we can ease adoption and reduce change resistance. With feedback, we can adapt our strategy and co-create the new environment within which the end-users, the company and the Dream Team thrive.

Communication and leadership are the main pillars.  We should be able to communicate clearly and fluently, as well as showing leadership skills to be able to convince the person we have in front of us.  Of course, knowledge of the subject will be a key part of this experience.

Alexandru Nitu
Level 1
Level 1

Communication should be at the top of the list because, without it, you won't be able to make all the users understand the platform and provide them a good training.

Communication is the must have pillar in most of the organizations I've helped deploy.  Making sure that all the users understand the platform and providing good training on the easiest way to use the solution is critical to adoption.

All of the 5 pillars are really important, however I feel that communication would be at the top of that list, with out it you would be able to get the Leadership, Champions and Technical readiness, you need for the adoption. On top of all of that communication is required for the Use Cases and spreading the word to everyone. 

gdolberr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm a big fan of use cases as they will share their story and end goal as well as assist engineering with better understanding potential feature request

I had the "best success" when sales involved me as Customer Success Manager (normally PostSales) within the PreSales phase. When it comes to lifecycle sales, the outcomes, KPI and roadmap criteria should be defined at the beginning of the research stage. and then these priorities:

1) find stakeholder(s) for this project, as many as possible -> leadership

2) find as many use cases / business outcomes as posible -> use cases

3) make sure, that every use case can technically be realized (bring your ideas to life) -> technical readiness

Customer Experience Partner of the Year 2023 Germany Theatre
Certified Customer Success Manager since 2022

ahmea23
Level 1
Level 1

It all starts with communication, and setting expectations right away is important in seeing the executions.

Mary Reindeau
Level 1
Level 1

Communication is the key to any successful adoption. All forms, whether email, in message boards, in all hands meetings, etc. Find fun and innovative ways to communicate to ensure your teams will get excited about something new. 

kwark
Level 1
Level 1

Communication is key to a successful adoption process. Being candid, open and tailoring learning sessions to newcomers creates great environment for future webex ambassadors.

MUSTAFA SALAH
Level 1
Level 1

Raising Awareness and Effective Training is very important methodology to drive change.

ebery
Level 1
Level 1

Communication, education and continuous improvements to keep users engaged and interested in advancing their knowledge of the platform are key deliverables to any success story.