Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
mollydubow
Cisco Employee

What is the most important aspect of the adoption methodology?

In the Webex adoption methodology we have business drivers, the five pillars of success (leadership; technical readiness; use cases; communications; champions), and the measurement components. When you are driving change in your organization - which one is your powerhouse MUST have to ensure success?

What resources do you use?

Don't be shy on details! Tell us the story of how you were successful.

Response Signature

65 REPLIES 65
dencook
Cisco Employee

alignment of your adoption strategy with the overall culture of the company is the key and there is no silver bullet. The “powerhouse” may be different each time. 

Use people as your best resource. The help build your adoption strategy that is inclusive of the entire global collaboration strategy, by understanding a day in their life and highlight the use cases for each team/department. Don’t paint the world with the same paint brush. 

Balazs Balogh
Beginner

Technical Readiness was the key. We did the calling integration with our local gateway so every coworker able to make a phonecall from webex app thru our local infra. 

Here is the config example:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/jr1i3r/Configure-Local-Gateway-on-IOS-XE-for-Webex-Calling#id_100569

coreyparker
Enthusiast

Leadership buy-in is critical.  Choosing a sponsor/champion with influence that is also an early adopter is a great help to getting additional buy-in at the upper levels, as well as helping to smooth over any issues at the upper levels.  Once the upper levels buy-in, the trickle down effect is real. Users at the lower levels will have to adopt the new technology to continue working with their managers.

hector.ochoa
Beginner

Technical preparation. We did several live sessions using the tools that users need. We show them how to use them. We also have a champion who was a great help, because he made some guides and videos for users.

robray_sc
Enthusiast

Use cases and recruiting champions within the different business units has been successful for us.  When we hold trainings on Webex, I like to bring up the various use cases on how using Webex Meetings or Webex Teams can benefit a particular business unit.  Also staying in touch with a champion can help accelerate adoption across the various business units.

KimberNelson
Beginner

In the education world, I feel you need champions to help ensure successful change.  These champions are the ones going out to help hold the hands of those that are more timid in trying new technology.  

Great tip!

A very good point and, unfortunately, one that gets overlooked a lot of times. Having users who are champions is a win-win for everyone!

stforsbe
Cisco Employee

In my humble opinion the most critical aspect is the buy-in from leadership, if you don't have the support from the c-level executives it will be very hard to have a successful adoption. 

I agree with this 100%, if the leadership team is not onboard or at least willing to consider the proposal, the adoption will not be setup for success from the start.

jlucho
Cisco Employee

For me it is Technical Readiness, as an implementer of the new technology, to plan and prepare , specially for the technically challenged, is one of the keys to success. There are all sort of customers/clients, some would be more savvy than others, if we plan and prepare for an easy transition or new tool, the better we are prepare to tackle the questions/issues from new users , the smoother and friendly the technology will be for them all.

KHill2
Beginner

I agree with so many of these but for me it was having the leadership buy in, without there support the project would have stalled in its infancy. 

Steven Terry
Cisco Employee

I think stakeholder buy in is critical. If you lose your sponsor(s) during the adoption phase, you will most likely see lower adoption than what you had outlined.

jamesdic
Cisco Employee

I find Recruiting Champions to be the most  important pillar for toward achieving success. Without first having a liaison between you and your adopters, you cannot begin to build the foundation of the other pillars. 

riefmyname
Beginner

I think its lots of Technical preparation and raising champion inside the customer. We did several live sessions using the tools that users need. We show them how to use them. We also demonstrate how the solution help them change their usual way of doing things

Diligence. Integrity. Profesionalism.
Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad