cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the most important aspect of the adoption methodology?

mollydubow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the Webex adoption methodology we have business drivers, the five pillars of success (leadership; technical readiness; use cases; communications; champions), and the measurement components. When you are driving change in your organization - which one is your powerhouse MUST have to ensure success?

What resources do you use?

Don't be shy on details! Tell us the story of how you were successful.

Response Signature

161 Replies 161

dchauv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I agree with a lot of the posts here and found some really useful information.

I'll just add that working with the champions and building a close relationship with will be advantageous. They can and usually reveal a lot more than they should ie. if they are getting wooed by other competitors or if their decision makers are looking elsewhere etc. 

yschwartzman
Level 5
Level 5

I would say technical readiness.  There are a number of integration points, hybrid services, settings and optimizations that should ideally be all setup ahead of trying to perform adoption rollouts to ensure every feature is enabled and fine tuned to optimize ease of use.  You don't want users hitting roadblocks or caveats that could have been avoided ahead of time as that will be their first impression that it was frustrating or limiting in some way that it didn't actually have to be.

shikhasr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think communication channels or mediums such as 1:1 call really help to engage users into the platform.

Samir Bouguenna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Very helpful!

apearce
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Having support and buy-in from execs and account champions is key

Adoption is not the same for all clients.

Starting from that, it is necessary to work with the Customer Succees Manager area and propose real use cases to each client. Ask the right questions to use an appropriate methodology that meets the customer's use.

Dan.Bey
Level 1
Level 1

Technical Readiness

Its all about the nuts and bolts of getting it out there in front of people. For example, we still had a ton of users running jabber following our push to get the WebEx app out there. To further drive adoption we had to eliminate jabber. There are some new resources to help with the migration that did not exist until recently. I recommend checking out CCUC.

https://help.webex.com/en-US/article/nejw7ue/Migrate-Jabber-Users-with-Cloud-Connected-UC-to-Webex-app

Thank you @Dan.Bey , this was useful resource!

LandrinLong
Level 1
Level 1

For me the most important aspect was getting leadership involved to champion our roll out.  This strategy was the best because word of mouth is a big deal in my arena.  Having our director get excited about Webex, and share that excitement made our adoption go fairly quickly and easily.

Landrin Long | Network Architect
Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles
555 Wright Way, Carson City, NV 89711

Anders.Solstad
Level 1
Level 1

technical readiness; there is no going forward without it.

bvanhald
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Great article! Thanks Molly

Scott Beauton
Level 1
Level 1

Having sponsorship from leadership.  Once this happens then the rest trickles down to employees.  

Mihail001
Level 1
Level 1

To prevent system integration issues, I believe that is very important to review all systems before deploying anything new. This prevents issue with unexpected costs and (stakeholders) resistance to change.

Fabien ROULETTE
Level 1
Level 1
  • We are using local trainning sessions with small group of people that will be ambassador of the programm.
  • Elearning content available 24/24 7/7
  • A meeting a couple of day after the deployment to get user question's

hugo.leguern1
Level 4
Level 4

When it comes to change management and adoption program, few tips come in mind:

- Show excitement
- Build a strong team of user ambassadors through a pilot 
- Build a communication strategy and get user involved (gamification, survey, etc...)
- Gather regular feedback from the ground and do training/update monthly
- Provide a monthly newsletter with insight and nice inside story to share

rgalang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use Cases are crucial for customer buy in so that they see the value for their business objectives. Being specific with use cases and making it relevant to each and every customer is key.

Iveuw
Level 1
Level 1

Interesting question.

Personally, I consider them to be evenly important. However, If I have to choose, I would say the business drivers. This will explain the why are we doing this. Which you can than use to connect the other elements and start working on the what and how.

ToneE
Level 1
Level 1

Having committed and motivated champions provides real business value and benefits in the Webex adoption methodology. It is also critical to success to gain high level buy in which drives a successful Webex adoption campaign.

I believe that use cases is the most important pillar. In our organization we provided our user a "use cases collection" with 5-6 episodio, releasing them one per week during the early stage of the adoption phase. 

ccie29824
Level 1
Level 1

Use Cases are the best way. I do agree

CCIEx3 #29824 JNCIE #2197 VCIX

bbennefeld
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

While I see the importance of all pillars, technical readiness is #1.