cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you get teachers started with Webex?

sachurch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Question received from an Education customer:

“How do you get teachers started with Webex? My School system bought Webex a year ago, and a couple teachers have picked it up, but I think we need to do more to drive traction….my teachers don’t loveto change how they teach, but I think Webex could give them a chance to reach students in a new way.”

1 Accepted Solution

Suzanne Phillips
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey there, I understand where you're coming from. It can be tricky to get people to change their habits.

I always find it best to show people the OUTCOMES they could get from changing the way they teach, for example, you could tell teachers a story about how one of their peers had a great experience inviting a virtual expert to talk to the class, like they invited their neighbor who was an architect to speak to their geometry class over Webex! 

You could also share some of the use cases we've made, here: cs.co/WebexForSchools .

Hope this helps!
Suzanne

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

Offer classes.  I work in a K12 school district and our teachers and staff are also slow to accept change.  I offer classes a couple of times per month since the app is changing so rapidly and try to schedule them before or after school hours or on professional development days.  I also occasionally schedule a class just for teachers that focuses on how to manage students and use all the Webex resources available.  This has significantly increased our staff's use of webex and by providing them opportunities during training to practice using the app, it makes them more confident to use in in class and for meetings.

Response Signature

Suzanne Phillips
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey there, I understand where you're coming from. It can be tricky to get people to change their habits.

I always find it best to show people the OUTCOMES they could get from changing the way they teach, for example, you could tell teachers a story about how one of their peers had a great experience inviting a virtual expert to talk to the class, like they invited their neighbor who was an architect to speak to their geometry class over Webex! 

You could also share some of the use cases we've made, here: cs.co/WebexForSchools .

Hope this helps!
Suzanne

Response Signature