Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AMP Exclusions "Network Location"

Can a network share or a file on a network share be added to exclusions?  If so, what is the syntax?

I have an .exe on a share that I have whitelisted, but it still gets caught by AMP from time to time. (by Tetra per tech support)  They said it is a bug and to either disable Tetra or Exclude all UNC paths.  That is not a good solution for me.  I only have this issue with a couple EXE files on this one share because this one app is launched from the network share.  Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

comunicaciones
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Have you find the solution?

Regards,

I have not found a solution.

Chris Staples
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the same issue where AMP ignores the Exclusion I have setup for an .exe that runs from a network file share.  I have tried several variations and still have the issue.  I have Tetra disabled, we are using Symantec Endpoint Protection for our AV.  

I have tried using CSIDL_NETWORK and file path, the drive letter with file path, and the newest one I'm testing is a wildcard *\part of file path\.*exe

Please let me know if someone finds a solution.

Thank you!!

Are you using a process exclusion or a path exclusion?  If you're using a path exclusion, AMP will still monitor the execution of that process when it launches.  If the process exclusion is not successful, I recommend opening a TAC case so they can take a closer look at the logs to see what is happening with the .exe.  

Thanks,

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: