cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco amp endpoint causing higher disk usages

hugo.soares
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, bellow a screenshot from network user's desktop. This image is common among our user base. This issue is getting off the users from theirs real work. Even when we need acquire new costumers. There is a case that the user asked for a time to the costumer, and the costumer waited for about half hour until the cisco amp allowed the work to be done.

Are there any configuration to overcome this issues? This things are really impacting the workforce effectiviness.

Best regards

30 mb/s30 mb/s

6 Replies 6

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not a normal behavior. I would recommend opening a TAC case for further investigation/troubleshooting. My guess is that this is caused either by a bug/defect or a misconfiguration with "exclusions."

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

I see this a lot with Cisco AMP for Endpoints.   When I turn off the service the disk(s) quiet down considerably.  I am sure there are lot of others experiencing the same thing.  We are running Windows 10 as well.

I am currently trying to solve a support ticket where the user is experiencing this exact same issue.  CPU and RAM usage seem normal, while Disk usage is at 99-100% consistently, caused almost solely by AMP disk usage.

Well, I had same issue with my deployment, however it happened only from beginning of installation and I believe it's because of caching, there is some free tools that you can use for more investigate e.g "ProcessMonitor".

Geekmeleon
Level 1
Level 1

I am wondering what the computer specs are?  We have a similar issue.  Running Windows 10 x64 on a computer with 4GB or RAM and 500GB 7200RPM 32mb Cache HDD.  We see high disk usage and mostly due to the Current Queue Length being above 5 for a long period (greater than 5mins).  However the issue did not start until we implemented Endpoint Protection other than Defender.  This is our 2nd product and it is still an issue.  Granted Cisco AMP is performing better, but still having the issue.

Cisco's minimum specs are 1GHz Processor, 2 GB Ram for 64, 1 GB space for Terra Engine.  However Windows itself has similar minimum specs.  Between both and then throwing in Office Products, Adobe Reader and other user applications, I am pretty sure we are having an issue with Hardware really. Computer are borderline 5 years old.  

Just to reinforce the original response -- if you're experiencing performance issues with AMP for Endpoints, please open a support case.  It's either a simple matter of adjusting a file exclusion policy (most likely) or a bug in the product that needs to be fixed (less common).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: