Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD Malware File Policy

iwearing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have created a malware file policy to block malware for PDF & Executables.

When I attach the malware file policy to my Access Control Policy acl I receive a warning " Configured Ports will prevent the file policy from being triggered"

The acl has a destination port of UDP-6064.

I have no issues when applying the malware policy to acls with destination TCP ports.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Ian

3 Replies 3

David Janulik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I am not sure, what do you mean with policy to block all PDF and executables.

If we get to the AMP console, you can blacklist a specific file SHA. You can block network connection e.g. specific ports, CIDR IP block or specifig IP address.

Did you try any of these?

1. Outbreak control > Custom detections
  2. Outbreak control > Application blocking
  3. Outbreak control > Network > IP blacklist

Regards

David

Cyber security escalation engineer

Hello David,

Please see the attachment of an example Malware File Policy created on FMC. I should have referenced Executables and PDF as the file type category.

When I attach the Malware File Policy to the Access Control Policy I then receive warnings " configured ports will prevent the file policy from being triggered".

regards

Ian

jcorrea1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I found this message is show when you use UDP and ICMP as destination ports. That's because this policy only applies in TCP ports.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: