Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove detected items in AMP

Hello all,

I ran a full scan in AMP for a client and it returned the below message:

Scanned 244494 files, 109 processes, 37615 paths. Found 2 malicious items.

When i expand the event, i cannot see these malicious items.

After the "Scan Started" event it has quarantined 2 malwares. Are, these 2 events, the malicious items that mention in the summary?

Thank you

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Wojciech Cecot
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Sir,

Yes, most probably those will be the files from the full scan. Let me share example from the lab:

Screenshot 2019-04-24 at 13.28.52.png

There is also another way, you can look for specific file in Device Trajectory (from the Events section), for example:

Screenshot 2019-04-24 at 13.32.47.png

It will show up details with information: "Detected (...) during a full scan.":

Screenshot 2019-04-24 at 13.34.13.png

Hope that helps,

Wojciech

View solution in original post

Hello Giannis,

You are welcome. Regarding your another query, that is quite common. The reason AMP could not quarantine may be:
- it could be that another process (may be another AV) had already moved the file from that location,
- it could be permission issue that another process or AV had stopped AMP from getting handle on that file,
- sometimes there is follow up quarantine successful event (your case) after quarantine failed, that means that some other process had handle on that file before.

The quarantine fail event just happened to come above the successful (most probably because of sorting while that is the same timestamp). However, the successful quarantine would indicate that the file was quarantined properly.

--Wojciech

Giannis,

You'll need to stop the service before you can delete the files.

Thanks,

Matt

7 Replies 7

Wojciech Cecot
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Sir,

Yes, most probably those will be the files from the full scan. Let me share example from the lab:

Screenshot 2019-04-24 at 13.28.52.png

There is also another way, you can look for specific file in Device Trajectory (from the Events section), for example:

Screenshot 2019-04-24 at 13.32.47.png

It will show up details with information: "Detected (...) during a full scan.":

Screenshot 2019-04-24 at 13.34.13.png

Hope that helps,

Wojciech

Hello Wojciech,

I have the exact same output. Thank you for your response!

I would like to ask you something more.

I have noticed that AMP raises events the exact same time, for the same file(malware,trojan,etc...) with 2 different statuses (Quarantine:Failed , Quarantine:Successful) for the same user.

Below an example

Capture.PNG

How should i treat such events? Have it quarantined it or not ?

NOTE: I have also noticed that AMP may raise many Quarantine:Failed events for a file and one(or none) Quarantine:Successful

Thank you,

Giannis

Hello Giannis,

You are welcome. Regarding your another query, that is quite common. The reason AMP could not quarantine may be:
- it could be that another process (may be another AV) had already moved the file from that location,
- it could be permission issue that another process or AV had stopped AMP from getting handle on that file,
- sometimes there is follow up quarantine successful event (your case) after quarantine failed, that means that some other process had handle on that file before.

The quarantine fail event just happened to come above the successful (most probably because of sorting while that is the same timestamp). However, the successful quarantine would indicate that the file was quarantined properly.

--Wojciech

Hello Wojciech,

Sorry for reopening this case but i have a question that matches in this conversation.

I tried to manually delete the quarantines files from C:\Program Files\Cisco\AMP\Quarantine but i couldn't due to permissions access and i was logged in as admin.

Do you know why is this happening?

Is there any way to manually delete the quarantined files or from the management console?

Regards,

Giannis

Giannis,

You'll need to stop the service before you can delete the files.

Thanks,

Matt

@Wojcieh Cecot : So how can we find out which quarantine failed is really failed??? Since it may include the entries which are already quarantined.

Hello Wojciech,

I have the exact same output. Thank you for your response!

I would like to ask you something more.

I have noticed that AMP raises events the exact same time, for the same file(malware,trojan,etc...) with 2 different statuses (Quarantine:Failed , Quarantine:Successful) for the same user.

Below an example

Capture.PNG

How should i treat such events? Have it quarantined it or not ?

NOTE: I have also noticed that AMP may raise many Quarantine:Failed events for a file and one(or none) Quarantine:Successful

Thank you,

Giannis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: