cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SFR or ASA CX in HA mode (Active/standby)

Hello everyone,

I've got a scenario in which I have two ASA 5545-X in HA mode(Active/Standby). Now I want to let's say install a SFR or an ASACX module on them. So I suppose I have to install the module one by one on every which ASA. I was wondering if you could tell me doing such thing would jeopardise my configuration or my HA synchronization at all. Cause on my knowledge for two ASAs being in HA mode, all the modules should be the same for both at the same time.

Best regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Both ASAs need to have the same modules, that's right. But the modules are "ships in the night", they don't know anything about each other. CX is EOL and you won't use it anymore. But for SFR, you have the consequence that you need the Firepower Management Center that manages both modules and makes sure that both modules have the same config. For the Failover of the underlying system, not much will change. You configure it as normal and install one module after the other.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Both ASAs need to have the same modules, that's right. But the modules are "ships in the night", they don't know anything about each other. CX is EOL and you won't use it anymore. But for SFR, you have the consequence that you need the Firepower Management Center that manages both modules and makes sure that both modules have the same config. For the Failover of the underlying system, not much will change. You configure it as normal and install one module after the other.  

Thank you so much, It was a real comfort to me for the change I'm supposed to do.

Best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: