cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Threat grid update failure

Qingguo Zhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am having a issue to update threat grid  in lab ,  it shows the following error when doing update. 

ssh: connect to host appliance-updates.threatgrid.com port 22: No route to host Failure during transfer

Dirty interface is able to ping internet and DNS is resolvable. 

Any comments is appreciated.

6 Replies 6

Matthew Franks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're able to resolve appliance-updates.threatgrid.com, you might have something in your lab blocking traffic to that IP on port 22.   Check routes to see if the IP that resolves is routable and nothing is blocking on port 22.

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks for you answer. 

It seems corporate network has some limitation to reach update site.  my threatgrid was in lab network. 

is there any ways to do offline upgrade ?

Thanks for you answer. 

It seems corporate network has some limitation to reach update site.  my threatgrid was in lab network. 

is there any ways to do offline upgrade ?

Hello Zhang

You can refer the following article for offline update process.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/security/amp_threatgrid/threat-grid-appliance-offline-update-process.pdf

Regards

Jetsy

thanks,could you advise where to download the latest release?

Jetsy Mathew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Zhang

I have recently come across a similar issue and as Matt suggested the error will be mostly caused by network level block. Most of the time we just allow the traffic in firewalls for the upgrade server and it should work but if you have any intermediate devices in between the TG and your firewall then it can also cause the same issue. Try running tracert command in any client which is in the same network as your TG and see which is the next hop and whether its reaching the destination specified.

Regards

Jetsy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: