cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What can we do ? When I find a suspect file on PC ?

peter.peng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sir:

My environment is below:

1.AMP Endpoint for MAC and windows

2. Private Cloud on Intranet

When I find one suspect file (I think it's malware file.)but AMP endpoint can't analyze it. It think it's normally. What can I do for this file ? Can we send it to AMP Threat Grid by Private Cloud ? or provide me any recommendation ?  Thanks

4 Replies 4

tcristina1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Peter!

With Threat Grid you can analyze the suspect file, and use the AMP to block the file or the computer.

If the file gets TG score >95, AMP will retrospectively quarantine it.

Cyber security escalation engineer

MajidShirzadeh
Level 1
Level 1

Send it to Threat Grid for more investigation, or copy SHA-256 and paste it in Cisco Visibility, All integrated devices (WSA, ESA, CES, FMC, etc.) including AMP for Endpoints are entitled to 200 samples per day regardless of the number of devices  and this is applicable for the  license bought after 12/1/2017.  

Hi MajidShirzadeh:

If my client had bought the Threat Grid. We can upload any file to it and analyze it. Right ?

(Because I had tried to upload the file to public cloud . It must approve by Cisco and I will receive the mail. It will tell me it ok or not. Then I can find the file on the File analyze.If my client buy the Thread Guid application. We can control the file upload it or not right ?)