cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why is there no option of AMP for endpoint for less than 50 nodes ?!

wong.pengleong
Level 1
Level 1

Why is that so ?

I plan to implement AMP for networks and now looking into AMP for endpoints. But my endpoint is small for initial phase. Looking into manageability in FMC.

7 Replies 7

brmcmaho
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AMP for Endpoints accounts involve a certain amount of fixed overhead per customer.  Currently, product management has determined that 50 seats is the smallest license that it makes sense for us to provision.  Are you likely to grow into the 50-seat range (or higher) after this initial deployment phase?

Also, please note that while AMP for Endpoints does integrate with FMC for event data, the actual management of your AMP for Endpoints deployment still uses the AMP cloud console.

Thanks for your interest in AMP!  Please let me know if you have any follow-on questions.

Hi,

Thats the problem and issue i am facing. On 1 hand, we wanted to do trial first for 20 nodes, and after we see positive results, we will incrementally increase the nodes.

50 nodes is too much for our deployment. Does it make sense if you offer per 10 nodes increase offering much more per node. I do not mind the cost per node.

Rather if i purchase 50 nodes, what am I going to do with the other 30 nodes ?

There's no flexibility in the offerings, and it also does no makes sense for us on your product management reason.

For an evaluation, it sounds like you want to ask your Cisco sales rep, or your reseller as the case may be, about the possibility of a free trial.  Then you can make the decision on whether it's worth investing at the 50-user level, or not.  We have a process for what we call a PoV (Proof of Value) for just such purposes.

Hi,

Thanks but is the PoV expired ? http://www.cisco.com/c/m/en_uk/products/security/threat-scan-pov/index.html?tab=details

I did ask our cisco sales rep and reseller and they all emphasized minimum node is 50.

My solution has AMP for Networks for ASA w/FTD. I am feeling constraints by this needless rigid licensing scheme so much as that I will go other other well-proven endpoint solution.

Hopefully, my feedback will be reflect ASAP in this competitive market for endpoints.

thanks again.

PoV evaluations are an ongoing program.  The link you provide described one particular campaign only.  We provide free evaluations of AMP all the time.

This is separate from the question of the 50-seat minimum, which frankly I do not expect PM to change any time soon.  Thanks for your feedback.

i have question ,when PoV evaluations finsh and ordering AMP use in  production,

all Pov Setting can be hold or transfer to Production Environment?

Thanks

At the end of a successful evaluation, the POV account can be converted to production.  We have a "best practices" guide for our partners that covers this process, here: https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-68325

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: