Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Prediction

mohana_kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

I'm doing a project to Predict any network devices such as Routers and switches problems on any protocols,features,hardware or software related issues. What would be the best or easy approach for these kind of issues ? I'm aware that most of the network device issues we cannot predict However I wanted to try something which is possible to predict. I'm Particularly looking for what all kind of issues which we can identify before even that happens by enabling any debug commands or looking through the show tech or logs. I would really appreciate with any suggestions, that would be much helpful for me to narrow down my research.

Thank you.!!

Regards,

Mohan Kumar

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

its wide subject each one have own pros and cons.

1. you need to have good NMS system to monitor the devices.

2. Good sys Log analyser so you can have dashboard and log analysys report, whcih can alerts you the problems based on the logs.

3. software bug posted on cisco web site related IOs running, Cisco PSIRT  will give you upgrade path and recomendattion, subscribe the email alerts and you can automate this compare with your exiting IOS on the devices.

On top of my head i do not see ON Shelf all in one product that i aware off ( you need to integrate them to get proper results)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Balaji,

I really appreciate your immediate response, I agree with your 3 points. 2 and 3 that really a thoughtful thing to do, those we can do it as an add on to the feature which we are going to develop. I'm working with our Big Data Team to analyse the data and find out what all possible things we can do. I'm still not able to think what all the network problem I can predict before even that happens. If you get some more ideas please let me know, that would be really helpful.

Thank you.!!

Regards,

Mohan Kumar

I have done some development tools for automate and make them available in GUI dashboard based on user criteria.

You need to write down deep down start thinking from the underlay to over lay problem, it is not one day task like we think of.

required more investment of time to develop such tool. again depends on what required like must have this feature and good to have this features.

each device have different problems, right form power to software bugs. so cisco have 1000's of lines, this need to be understand before you write come code. but good part is new IOSXE on wards cisco has API you can pull most of the inforamtion required for analytics purpose.

To be honestly this is endless discussion and being in industry we still learing.

any offline help required do contact me

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: