Views
Helpful
Replies

Tetration - ERSPAN/Netflow Virtual Appliance Deployment

muneeb.ali07
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have deployed and configured the ERPSAN VA and Netflow VA as per documentation in TECDCN-2601 and https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/data-center-analytics/tetration-analytics/sw/install/cta_install_guide_for_sensor_agents.pdf

my ip_config is below

172.16.189.174/24 172.16.189.254
172.16.189.175/24 172.16.189.254
172.16.189.176/24 172.16.189.254

After mounting the .iso file in both Netflow VA and ERSPAN VA. I rebooted the VM.

However, in the web console of VM i can't see the anticipated output of docker ps. In my result there are no containers however, service tet-span-sensors and tet-nic-driver are active.

Please advise.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

muneeb.ali07
Level 1
Level 1

Ok I have figured it out.

Two things I missed or mis-configured.

First, both appliances run docker behind the scenes. So I needed to enable virtualization for the particular VM in vSphere.

Second, when I created the iso file. I renamed .rpm to something else like tet-sensor.X.X.X.rpm to tet-netflow.rpm. When scripts are executed under /usr/local/tet/sensor_containers_setup.sh I had to rename the tet-sensor.?.?.?*.rpm to tet-*.rpm.

I reboot the VM while the ISO still connected and it worked.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

muneeb.ali07
Level 1
Level 1

Ok I have figured it out.

Two things I missed or mis-configured.

First, both appliances run docker behind the scenes. So I needed to enable virtualization for the particular VM in vSphere.

Second, when I created the iso file. I renamed .rpm to something else like tet-sensor.X.X.X.rpm to tet-netflow.rpm. When scripts are executed under /usr/local/tet/sensor_containers_setup.sh I had to rename the tet-sensor.?.?.?*.rpm to tet-*.rpm.

I reboot the VM while the ISO still connected and it worked.