Views
Helpful
Replies

Community "Ask Me Anything" Event - Using Slido in Webex

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ama-04.png

This thread is intended for community members to discuss and ask questions specific to using Slido in Webex. With over 20 experts joining us to answer your questions and provide resources, we welcome questions about Slido adoption content, deployment, functionalities, best practices, reporting, etc. 

Featured experts

stu.jpegStu Bailey has been with Webex for 4 months and focuses on curating adoption content, specifically for our End Users. In particular, Stu has helped create the Desk Pro adoption pack, Slido stater kit and prior to joining Webex, he worked with Cisco as a partner for 3 years, during that time Stu’s and his team created over 40 ebooks which all live in essentials.webex.com.

katarina.jpegKatarina Schifferová joins Webex from the Slido team and currently acts as a Customer Care Lead. You may remember her from the incredible team that participated in the community's previous event highlighting Slido. Katarina will be helping answer any product-related questions and make sure you get the resources you need to have a successful use of Slido in Webex.

This thread is open to all IT Admins, End Users, Adoption Champions, and Partners. 5 random members who respond to this post will win a box of freshly branded Webex swag! Marking responses as helpful is encouraged. Enjoy!

Response Signature

29 Replies 29

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As we wrap up our Ask Me Anything thread, it is time to announce our 5 random winners of Webex Swag. Congratulations to our friends @inderdeepsingh1  @Elisabeth.Schmutzer @Rose.Oliveira @Alessandro Mazzoni @Prasanna Rajagopalan ! I will be reaching out to you directly with details!

Response Signature

Katana3128
Level 1
Level 1

Is there some adoption program for Slido in the Webex?

I want to enable Slido for polling and Q&A in the Webex Meetings, so I'm looking for some materials how to adopt this feature in our company.

Thanks

You may also review the "Slido in Action" event: https://community.cisco.com/t5/announcements/community-special-event-slido-in-action-taking-your-meetings-to/m-p/4435418#M492
It demonstrates the basic features of Slido in a meeting itself. Great starter, good presentation

We have some customers with a webex sites in the AI cluster. Site version is 41.8 already, but in Control Hub (Apps) we are missing the option to enable Slido. Do we miss something?

Hi @Stanislav Kozhuharov ,

Sorry for the late response, but I wanted to make sure I got you the proper information. You are correct, they SHOULD have the Slido toggle option due to them being in the AI cluster and the sites being managed by Control Hub. This sounds like an issue specific to your site, and I apologize that the team of experts on this discussion thread are not from our support team. It sounds like you should open a TAC ticket for this issue if you haven't already. They should be able to investigate this issue further with you. I apologize for not being able to give you the answers you need, but I do hope this helps.

Response Signature

I tested Slido in our Webex test site and it was cool. My production ORG has a mix of Webex sites with locked & unlocked versions. How do i selectively enable Slido for a certain set of unlocked sites ?

Hi Prasanna,

Thanks for the question! There is no way to selectively enable sites within an organization. All or none for the moment.

Response Signature

Hi Cole, looking to the Webex help I can see that a full  Slido license is included (with no additional pricing) in all Enterprise Webex plans. In addition, it says that the limit of participants is 5000.

But, when I log on to sli.do with my webex account, there is an UPGRADE option, that shows a window (in attachment) where looks like I have only a free plan, and if I want to have up to 5000 participants I have to pay 150€/month for three users.

Which plan is included with a Webex paid license? Is it different with an Enterprise license?

Thank you in advance

Hi @Alessandro Mazzoni,

Thanks for your post!

You're right, full Slido capabilities are included in Enterprise Webex plans at no additional cost.  

If your administrator enabled Slido in Control Hub for your Webex organization already, you should be able to see the Slido app as a host when running a Webex meeting, and also see the "WEBEX" badge instead of the "UPGRADE" badge when accessing your Slido account at slido.com via 'Log in with Webex'. 

I'll drop you a private message and if you could share with me your email address, I can check your account.

Rose.Oliveira
Level 1
Level 1

How do you set up your poll questions in slido in advance? Can host and cohost both view the same poll questions if they are set up in advance?

Hi @Rose.Oliveira ,

Thanks for posting your question here on the Slido AMA thread.

To set up your poll questions in advance, you will want to do that on the Slido site itself. You will login to the Slido site with your Webex credentials. Once you are logged in, you can create a new Slido event as seen below.

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 10.21.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 10.22.20 AM.png

 To answer your second question, yes. For the cohost to see the poll questions ahead of time, you will need to open up that Slido event and select Settings. There, you will have a dropdown that has the option to Share Access. Insert the emails of the cohosts there and they will receive an email invite to collaborate on the polls.

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 10.24.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 10.25.28 AM.png

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions

Response Signature

What are the timeframe for Slido localized in Danish?

fortvald

Hi there @Flemming Ortvald

As far as I'm aware, there are no current plans to translate the content into Danish. We will have them translated into German, Japanese, Spanish LATAM, French, Italian, Korean, Portuguese Brazil, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Dutch, Russian, Spanish Europe within a few weeks. But I have passed on your request with the wider team though. I'll update you as soon as I know more  

Hi @Flemming Ortvald ,

Thanks for your question, my friend.

@stubailey response is referring to the localized Adoption content produced by the Webex team.

Slido is multilingual and offers 30+ languages to choose from:

Arabic Bulgarian Catalan Chinese (Simplified)
Chinese (Traditional) Czech Danish Dutch (Netherlands)
English Estonian Finnish French
French (Canadian) German Hindi Hungarian
Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean
Latvian Lithuanian Norwegian Polish
Portuguese (Brazil) Romanian Russian Slovak
Slovenian Spanish (Spain) Spanish (Latin America) Swedish
Turkish Ukrainian Vietnamese  

For the Slido integration itself follow these steps...

The language you select will influence the Slido interface in Present mode and on the participants' devices. Your Admin view will remain in English.

To set the language you need for your meeting or event:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Basic information
  3. Click Show additional settings and choose Language

danish.gif

Response Signature

If I want to demo Slido on a call with a customer who is still on slow channel version 41.2, can the customer open Slido from the Webex meeting? 

HI @Elisabeth.Schmutzer 

Thanks for the question! The participants should be able to see and respond to a poll regardless of their version. The host needs to be on 41.6+ to start the poll.

Response Signature

Thanks very much

beelgritte
Level 1
Level 1

todays event was very informative. Will I be able to use Slido in breakout rooms? if not, is it planned?

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.