cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Community Snackables Series - Shared Timer

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Happy Friday everyone! Our team is starting a new Community Snackables Series, which is a weekly 3-5 minute Vidcast on some of the hottest features and best practices of all things Webex. We hope these videos are something you can quickly learn from and share with your team. And, we NEED your voice to help guide what types of videos we make, so please let us know what you would like to see covered in future vidcasts.

This week's snackable covers the Shared Timer, which has been a feature that the Webex Community was able to rally behind and bring to life. We want these vidcasts to spark conversation, so if you have any questions or feedback about the feature, respond to this post. 

Response Signature

11 Replies 11

isuhrstedt
Level 1
Level 1

@Cole I can think of a couple.

1) Locking the stage for all participants is a really cool feature, especially for Meetings that are not setup as Events but follow a kind of formal presentation format, but there are some nuances.  I find that a lot of users who are not Webex-savvy don't change their layout and just leave it in default grid. So as Host you can turn on the "show active speaker on stage" and lock the stage and it's like a nice webinar experience outside of a webinar, especially with shared content.  works better when everyone else is muted of course.
2) I think immersive share is cool and not enough people use it.  That is a snackable option to present.

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I hear you @isuhrstedt . Do you have any suggestions for snackable videos I can create on features/best practices?

Response Signature

isuhrstedt
Level 1
Level 1

@Cole I agree, just getting my feature request in early

I think having this built in to Webex is great and look forward to any improvements or further development.

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @18Simple4 ,

Glad you found this useful! A basic overview of Slido is a great idea I will do all that I can to squeeze the content for that topic into something snackable. Stay tuned. All ideas are welcome! We are creating for YOU.

Response Signature

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @isuhrstedt ,

This is great feedback, and I appreciate you sharing what your needs are and how maybe the Shared Timer in its current state does meet them just yet. However, the Shared Timer is very new and I do expect it to develop to be even more practical down the road.

Response Signature

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Erin Breitsprecher thanks for the love on the video. Stay tuned every week for more snackable vidcasts  

Response Signature

Erin Breitsprecher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a great overview. Thanks for sharing, @Cole Callahan!

18Simple4
Level 1
Level 1

@isuhrstedt it looks like the shared timer pops up on everyone's screen in the webex panel when the host selects 'open together.' seems to be a pretty standard window, in the same way the chat panel pops up. but if you share your screen, it seems to go away.

Hi @18Simple4 @isuhrstedt after you share your screen, click on the share screen menu bar on the top of your screen and select Apps. The shared timer window will pop up on the screen you're sharing and you have the option to drag it to your other monitor. Hope this helps!

Shared Timer in shared screen mode.png

Response Signature

18Simple4
Level 1
Level 1

this is cool. thank you.

can we get one on slido basics? we are struggling in our org a bit with covering all of the features of slido. not sure of the best place to start. thanks

isuhrstedt
Level 1
Level 1

I think this feature would be more useful if you could move it to the stage or area of the screen and lock it there for everyone.
We currently use a 3rd party timer app and presenters can share it along with their presentation, size/move it and it will stay on screen for everyone to see.  If I'm not mistaken, I think this app requires everyone to manage their layout when the timer is shared and have to fiddle with it.  It would be nice if the presenter or host could place it and lock that in for everyone.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.