cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Walkthrough Wednesday: The new Webex App - Ask Questions Below!

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you all for your continuous support of our live Community Events. In recent months, we have been hosting one event a month, primarily focused on highlighting customer's adoption stories and how they transformed their organizations. Due to feedback and asks from community members, we are starting a new event series starting in the new year called Walkthrough Wednesdays, which are 30-minute sessions that focus on technical walkthroughs of Webex's latest and greatest features/updates.

Led by our Technical Marketing Engineer team, Walkthrough Wednesdays are intended for our IT admins and adoption champions but welcomes our end users as well! These half-hour events will be hosted on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month, so make sure to join us! Below is our first Walkthrough Wednesday event, which will focus on the new Webex App!

walkthrough2_TW-1024x512.png

eventlinkhere-02.png

In January, our event schedule will be the following:
January 6th – Walkthrough Wednesday: The new Webex App 
January 13th – Adoption Spotlight – Horacio Benedicto: Webex and Returning to the Office
January 20th – Walkthrough Wednesday: Webex Events 2.0

The recording of the event will be posted here following the event. If you have any questions or feedback about the event, feel free to respond to this post.

Response Signature

25 Replies 25

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi everyone, 

The recording of this event was updated and uploaded. 

wathc.png

Response Signature

kmurano
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

s

Gregory Lane
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

We are a premium customer of Webex and would love to share these events internally.  I applaud the efforts here, however upon a review the recording of the 01/06 event, much work is needed to smooth out the delivery of information. 

I have shared the link for 01/20 so hoping that Event is more polished and informative. 

Again, thanks for your efforts and looking forward to see great things from your team!

Hi @Gregory Lane ,

Thanks for joining us for our first WW event. Yes, I agree with you, we do have plenty of room to grow to ensure a smooth and meaningful event. This is the first technically-driven event we have done, so we will be continuing to improve our process and session structure.

Thank you for the feedback, it really does help us create a more powerful experience. The next event will be turned up a notch, and dive deeper on the IT admin side.

Thanks for being patient with us. See you on Jan 20!

Response Signature

ssteffensen1
Level 1
Level 1

I just used the new "Webex" app to join a personal meeting room and didn't see a way to chat with the group. Am I missing something? Surely this is something being added soon if the meetings app is going away??

The join meeting experience from the Webex app is like joining a Webex meeting from a Video Endpoint - and therefore there are restrictions on what you can or can not do. Currently in EFT is the ability to launch the Webex meetings experience from within the app when joining meetings.

@ssteffensen1 Great call out. That is a difference between the new PMR for Webex app and Webex Meetings. You can chat in Webex Meetings. As things progress, yes, the chat panel will be added to the new Webex.

Response Signature

JoeKupe
Level 1
Level 1

During the meeting yesterday it was mentioned all questions posed in the chat would be answered in the community page.  I do not see the Questions yet.  Did I miss them or are they not up yet?  Thank you for all the information!

Hi @JoeKupe ,

Thanks for pointing that out. Questions from the chat and recording of the actual demo will be added early next week. Thanks for being patient with us!

Response Signature

KenaAustin65453
Level 1
Level 1

Hi when will desktop control be available with Webex App?

Hi,

Control of a Unified Communications Manager (Unified CM) registered deskphone is supported with the Webex application today assuming the Webex application is configured for Unified CM calling.

For more information on deskphone control with Webex, please refer to the Webex | Make Calls with Your Desk Phone article available at https://help.webex.com/en-us/5mgmmb/Webex-Make-Calls-with-Your-Desk-Phone.

And for more information on Webex application with Unified CM calling, please refer to the Deployment Guide for Calling in Webex (Unified CM) available at https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cloudCollaboration/wbxt/ucmcalling/unified-cm-wbx-teams-deployment-guide.html.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Jordy

Response Signature

think OP is referring to remote desktop control while screen sharing. This is currently only possible in the Webex Meetings app.

Yes this is correct.  I've been told by my rep that this option is in Beta version and to be soon released but it's been 2 months.  I also saw this mentioned on Cisco's website but no release date?

Thanks

Thanks, 

with best regards
Bjoern Schonhoff

MiriamLau
Level 1
Level 1

Please make these presentations more tech centric. I think the majority of us who attend these already know the basics of how to use the app. What I'd like to know about is the administration side of things...

@MiriamLau Thank you for the feedback! Glad you were able to join us today.

This is our first event, and seeing today's audience and the questions everyone had gives us a better idea of how to structure the content for these events moving forward. We will absolutely be taking the next event around Webex Events 2.0 up a few notches and focusing on the administration side of things. Thanks for being patient with us, and I hope to see you on 1/20!

Response Signature

Thanks @Cole Callahan! I look forward to joining the Events 2.0 session.

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The event recording will be posted here when we have it. Thank you all for attending.

Feel free to ask any questions you have for our TMEs by responding to this post!

Response Signature

Is there a way to mute entire meeting when taking a Jabber call?  The mute prevents the meeting from hearing me, but I need to mute the meeting in my ear when taking the call, without having to drop meeting. 

Hi @bab1

I have to take other calls during a meeting at times, too. What I do is.... in the audio settings of the meeting you can slide the volume down such as in the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 5.15.41 PM.png

Response Signature

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.