cancel
Announcements
Walkthrough Wednesdays
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Walkthrough Wednesday: The new Webex App - Ask Questions Below!

Thank you all for your continuous support of our live Community Events. In recent months, we have been hosting one event a month, primarily focused on highlighting customer's adoption stories and how they transformed their organizations. Due to feedback and asks from community members, we are starting a new event series starting in the new year called Walkthrough Wednesdays, which are 30-minute sessions that focus on technical walkthroughs of Webex's latest and greatest features/updates.

Led by our Technical Marketing Engineer team, Walkthrough Wednesdays are intended for our IT admins and adoption champions but welcomes our end users as well! These half-hour events will be hosted on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month, so make sure to join us! Below is our first Walkthrough Wednesday event, which will focus on the new Webex App!

walkthrough2_TW-1024x512.png

eventlinkhere-02.png

In January, our event schedule will be the following:
January 6th – Walkthrough Wednesday: The new Webex App 
January 13th – Adoption Spotlight – Horacio Benedicto: Webex and Returning to the Office
January 20th – Walkthrough Wednesday: Webex Events 2.0

The recording of the event will be posted here following the event. If you have any questions or feedback about the event, feel free to respond to this post.

Response Signature

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Rising star

I need to disable phone services in Webex as I use Jabber on my cell phone for calls instead of my computer.   I have put in a feature request for this but hope this is on the roadmap as well.

Highlighted

Hi Kathy

UCM/Webex Calling is not enabled in the Webex app by default. It actually needs to be turned on by the admin and can be enabled on a per user basis. 

Shane

Highlighted

In Jabber I'm able to disable/enable services as needed in the app.  I like this because I occasionally do want to use the computer app for calls. If this has to be managed in CUCM it means an admin has to make the changes each time it needs to be enabled/disabled.  I'm the admin so I can do this but it's a different system and can't be done on the fly.  Will this be changed in a future version so the user has this control instead?

Highlighted
Beginner

Is there a way to backup /download/export a space to local storage?

Highlighted

From looking in Devnet, I don't believe there is a way to download/export a space to local storage, but maybe my TME friends could provide better assistance. This probably doesn't answer your question, but I do know there is a Teams Space Archiver you can check into. - https://developer.cisco.com/codeexchange/github/repo/DJF3/Webex-Teams-Space-Archive-v2/

Response Signature

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

The event recording will be posted here when we have it. Thank you all for attending.

Feel free to ask any questions you have for our TMEs by responding to this post!

Response Signature

Highlighted

Is there a way to mute entire meeting when taking a Jabber call?  The mute prevents the meeting from hearing me, but I need to mute the meeting in my ear when taking the call, without having to drop meeting. 

Highlighted

Hi @bab1

I have to take other calls during a meeting at times, too. What I do is.... in the audio settings of the meeting you can slide the volume down such as in the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 5.15.41 PM.png

Response Signature

Highlighted
Beginner

Please make these presentations more tech centric. I think the majority of us who attend these already know the basics of how to use the app. What I'd like to know about is the administration side of things...

Highlighted

@MiriamLau Thank you for the feedback! Glad you were able to join us today.

This is our first event, and seeing today's audience and the questions everyone had gives us a better idea of how to structure the content for these events moving forward. We will absolutely be taking the next event around Webex Events 2.0 up a few notches and focusing on the administration side of things. Thanks for being patient with us, and I hope to see you on 1/20!

Response Signature

Highlighted

Thanks @Cole Callahan! I look forward to joining the Events 2.0 session.

Highlighted
Beginner

During the meeting yesterday it was mentioned all questions posed in the chat would be answered in the community page.  I do not see the Questions yet.  Did I miss them or are they not up yet?  Thank you for all the information!

Highlighted

Hi @JoeKupe ,

Thanks for pointing that out. Questions from the chat and recording of the actual demo will be added early next week. Thanks for being patient with us!

Response Signature

Highlighted
Beginner

I just used the new "Webex" app to join a personal meeting room and didn't see a way to chat with the group. Am I missing something? Surely this is something being added soon if the meetings app is going away??

Content for Community-Ad