cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Walkthrough Wednesday: The new Webex App - Ask Questions Below!

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you all for your continuous support of our live Community Events. In recent months, we have been hosting one event a month, primarily focused on highlighting customer's adoption stories and how they transformed their organizations. Due to feedback and asks from community members, we are starting a new event series starting in the new year called Walkthrough Wednesdays, which are 30-minute sessions that focus on technical walkthroughs of Webex's latest and greatest features/updates.

Led by our Technical Marketing Engineer team, Walkthrough Wednesdays are intended for our IT admins and adoption champions but welcomes our end users as well! These half-hour events will be hosted on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month, so make sure to join us! Below is our first Walkthrough Wednesday event, which will focus on the new Webex App!

walkthrough2_TW-1024x512.png

eventlinkhere-02.png

In January, our event schedule will be the following:
January 6th – Walkthrough Wednesday: The new Webex App 
January 13th – Adoption Spotlight – Horacio Benedicto: Webex and Returning to the Office
January 20th – Walkthrough Wednesday: Webex Events 2.0

The recording of the event will be posted here following the event. If you have any questions or feedback about the event, feel free to respond to this post.

Response Signature

25 Replies 25

jcrocker
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to backup /download/export a space to local storage?

From looking in Devnet, I don't believe there is a way to download/export a space to local storage, but maybe my TME friends could provide better assistance. This probably doesn't answer your question, but I do know there is a Teams Space Archiver you can check into. - https://developer.cisco.com/codeexchange/github/repo/DJF3/Webex-Teams-Space-Archive-v2/

Response Signature

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

I need to disable phone services in Webex as I use Jabber on my cell phone for calls instead of my computer.   I have put in a feature request for this but hope this is on the roadmap as well.

Response Signature

Hi Kathy

UCM/Webex Calling is not enabled in the Webex app by default. It actually needs to be turned on by the admin and can be enabled on a per user basis. 

Shane

In Jabber I'm able to disable/enable services as needed in the app.  I like this because I occasionally do want to use the computer app for calls. If this has to be managed in CUCM it means an admin has to make the changes each time it needs to be enabled/disabled.  I'm the admin so I can do this but it's a different system and can't be done on the fly.  Will this be changed in a future version so the user has this control instead?

Response Signature

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.