Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With the recent release of the noise removal feature in Webex, we want to hear how YOU are using it! 

In less than 50 words, respond to this post sharing how the noise removal feature is helping you stay focused or saving you from any embarrassing moments. By responding to this post, you will be entered into a giveaway for a FREE Cisco 730 headset! This post will stay active for the entire month of March. We will randomly select a winner and reach out to them directly in the first week of April. 

As a part of Webex's mission to make the meeting experience 10x better, the noise removal feature filters out any distracting noises with the click of a button. Using our advanced audio processing technology, your focus in a meeting won't be compromised by the harsh sound of garbage trucks, whistling air conditioners, or even your neighbor's blaring music. There are numerous occasions this feature can work for YOU.

WebexMeetings_RemoveBackgroundNoise.gif

If you haven't had the chance to use the noise removal feature, check out these links to help get you started and download the Quick Start Guide attached

Respond to this post and share how you are using the noise removal feature! Your response will enter you into a giveaway for a FREE Cisco 730 Headset! 

431 Comments
ssteffensen1
Level 1
Level 1

This is a great feature and all, and has wonderful results, but it would be nice if it was enabled by default for first time users. Or even a way for it to be enabled for our entire organization. It's very tedious having to tell every user how to enable the setting.

s.schwabe
Level 1
Level 1

Working in home office next to the crossroads for 1 year now with all the noise from the streets (ambulance, police, dogs, music) and having webex meetings the hole day it is very important to rely on noise cancelation first on webex client and now even on the DX80!

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Great example @s.schwabe! As Community Manager, I host 3-4 live events a month. In a recent Walkthrough Wednesday event, I had some construction workers in our backyard building a pergola, and I was very thankful that I was able to use the background noise removal feature to take away the sound of power drills and saws! Because of the feature, I was able to fully focus on the event and bring my A-game!

mollydubow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Noise reduction in meetings is a "I can't live without this" addition to my meetings. My neighborhood celebrates Lunar New Year for almost two weeks. This year my attendees could welcome Year of the Ox without hearing the fireworks and firecrackers . I love that this technology is now on the DX making sure all the normal sounds of my Oakland neighborhood are not a major focus of my meetings. 

To no surprise, working from home has not made for the ideal workspace. This is partially due to having easy access to all those snacks in the kitchen but mostly because I am trying to work in a home with 4-5 other family members (darn those online classes for students). Sure, I could close the door and hope that no one comes running in asking me when dinner will be ready, but the reality is, it's gonna happen! Having noise removal is a godsend as it allows me to continue my meetings without being completed embarrassed. Let's face it, selective hearing isn't really an option on a video call.

yschwartzman
Level 5
Level 5

My wife helped host a cooking demonstration for a school fundraiser via Webex and the noise removal allowed them to run their very loud hand mixer right in front of their face and completely cut the sound out allowing her to speak normally through making the recipe.  Was very impressive!

Aaron Wilson
Level 5
Level 5

Using noise reduction to remove all the dog barking my dogs have decided to do lately. Worms great, no one is the wiser!

Carlos Sanz
Level 5
Level 5

Working in the home office with the whole family (wife, children, etc...) it is necessary to have a good noise cancellation system to disturb the other participants of the meetings.

saarya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is an amazing feature. Our India Customers are loving it! However, if there's a popup at the time of joining a meeting, which says the importance of this feature then how to enable it. it would help many users.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Helps me hear the presentation better with these feature on because I can longer hear the racket happening around me.  

otgnwp
Level 1
Level 1

i am using to remove background noise of rag picker in the WFH era.

thomas.vidgar
Level 1
Level 1

In this WFH times this feature have been a total game changer for me.

On the other side of the door where I sit here at home I can have a raging 5 y/o daughter and a crying 6 m/o son and still be on a meeting, not using headset, not being muted...
-At times i put on a noise cancelling headset just so that I can hear others better from all the noise here at home, but nothing around me ever gets through to my co-participants.

Also, just this morning I was driving my car (that have studded tires, making for quite a loud experience) while in a daily standup meeting with about 10 participants. With this feature enabled I don't even bother muting myself when i am not the one talking. There is no need, nothing gets past that funky algorithm.

This stuff gotta be one of the most game-changing things to have come to market in quite a few years, and really needs to be tested to be properly valued...

Damien McCoy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Missed picking up my regular morning coffee on the commute while working from home, so bought a coffee grinder and Italian espresso machine to get my caffeine fix at home. Webex noise removal feature ensures those Arabica beans being ground or the clank of the milk steamer don't interrupt my meetings - Coffee & Collaboration, the perfect  blend... 

Melissa Trimble
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

'Work from home,' they said. 'It'll be great,' they said. 'Won't it be nice to have your family home with you?' they said. Suuuuure, but try hosting live classes every day where being on mute is not an option, while also juggling a 4 year old starting virtual Kindergarten (Is that even a thing?! I said), a spouse also working virtually just steps away, and a senile cat constantly looking for a good keyboard to sleep on. The noise cancellation feature on Webex has been a game changer for me and my brood! Gone are the days of stuffing my child's face with endless snacks, watching Frozen on repeat (but seriously, Disney+ couldn't have come at a better time), and briberies if she's just quiet for another 10 minutes, I will play 'My little Pony' again. I know it's only a matter of time until the announcement 'Mom, I have to go to the bathroom' is made again....yes, this has really happened to me on a call...but next time, I'll be prepared! She'll figure it out, right?

chrisconnolly
Level 1
Level 1

I was doing a virtual happy hour and had my 1-year-old son rolling around on the floor playing very loudly off camera. When he finally managed to make his way into the field of view the people on the remote end were completely astounded by the fact that I had a baby playing in my office while I was talking with them and they heard nothing. When I switched off noise cancellation and let them hear how loud he was being they all couldn’t believe how well this worked. None of them used Webex normally and had no idea that this was even possible.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.