cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Employee's Favorite Feature of the Month: Peek in Spaces

Erin Breitsprecher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your workday is full of projects, meetings, and more. It can be overwhelming to bounce between projects and conversations while staying on top of deadlines or updates. We get it.

We optimize Webex spaces to help us stay focused on high-priority tasks, like a project with an approaching deadline. When I'm wrapping up a project and a colleague messages me, I peek in the space to see if I need to shift my focus. If it's not urgent, I go back to where I was and the message remains unread. My coworker won't know I saw the message, and I can use that as an indicator to follow up later. 

As projects and conversations progress, I "favorite" spaces that I need to access often, and I hide the spaces that aren't a high priority. My favorite spaces will appear at the top of the app, and I can search for hidden spaces when I need them.  

Give it a try by peeking in a space, favoriting your project spaces, or streamlining your view by hiding a space. Want more information? Check out our help articles!

How do you and your team use these features in Webex spaces? Have they helped you manage your work? We want to know. Share your experience and best practices by replying below!

More about Webex spaces 

You work hard to stay on top of projects, team updates, and meetings. Put Webex spaces to work by streamlining your workday and focusing on time-sensitive messages first.  

"Favorite" priority spaces for quick access or hide ones that require less attention—find them again when you're ready. Try peeking in spaces to see if there's a message that needs attention without the pressure to respond immediately.

14 Replies 14

nmadsen
Level 1
Level 1

Great information!

KristiMoreno
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Loving the peek feature @Erin Breitsprecher !! Thanks for sharing!

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

This is one of my favorite features in Webex.  It is a great help with managing spaces since I can check on the post and if I need to come back to it later it's still marked as unread.  It also lets me read messages without letting the sender or others in the space know I've read it.  This gives me more control over my schedule and the opportunity to decide if the message should be a priority or can wait to review later.  The new message indicator reminds me to go look at it again later. 

Response Signature

@Kathy N., thank you for sharing your experience with peeking in spaces! It's great to hear that you feel like you have more control over your schedule by leveraging peek to see if a message is worth shifting priorities and by using the unread message notification as a visual cue to pick up where you left off.

stevenha1
Level 1
Level 1

I agree with the sentiment of the peek feature.  It seems like this can be a helpful option.

Thank you for your feedback, @stevenha1! Feel free to give peek a try the next time you receive a message and don't have the opportunity to respond right away. Have you leveraged other space settings like favoriting or hiding spaces? I find that these features help streamline the way I work and keep me more focused throughout the day.

Will do. I haven't tried favoriting or hiding spaces.

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for posting about this feature here, @Erin Breitsprecher . In my opinion, peeking into spaces is an underrated feature. Being someone that likes to stay connected to Webex throughout the entire day just in case anything urgent pops up, I like that I can peek into messages to see if they are urgent or not. If the message is not urgent, then I can exit out of it and revisit the visibly unread message tomorrow during normal work hours. It helps me stay organized and keep my communication channels flowing properly.

Response Signature

Thanks for your input @Cole Callahan! I also like the visual indicator of the unread message after I peek into a space. It helps me stay on track with my work more easily, whether I'm starting a new workday and need to find where I previously left off or having to quickly jump to the next task during a busy day.

Thank you for this tiny, yet powerful enhancement! It is so cool. 
Before, I used my iPhone message preview widget on the lock screen to peek into messages (not a very efficient way...).

It really delivers value to me. Nobody expects me to instantly respond to their message and I don't lose track of it as it is still marked as unread.

@dtibbe yes, I'm glad to hear that you find the peek feature to be helpful! How do you typically use peek during your workday? Do you find that you are more likely to peek in a space when you're involved in a meeting and want to take a look at a new message, or do you use it throughout the day to help prioritize your work?

During business days, I use it to peek if there was an important message that may need immediate attention. If not, it remains unread so noone expects me to answer immediately as they are not aware that I've already seen it. I can continue my current task and afterwards, I can spend my whole attention to that questions. That's why I named it a great helper for async work.

It's basically the same during vacation/PTO, I can control who should be able to see that I've read a message and who doesn't. Personal messages sent by friends may be read, business related spaces may remain unread and I just peek into them.

Thank you, @dtibbe, for sharing these use cases with the community! I agree, the peek feature is great for working asynchronously. Personally, it enables me to be more present with my conversations since I can respond when it's most convenient with my schedule.