Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI deny rule for Specific endpoints

Venky_21
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I have a /32 IPs configured in the ACL traditional switch within same subnet and different subnet as well.

If i have to propose ACI solution and i need to restrict communication between Specific endpoints , which ACI solution I should use . Can we use Deny rule for the specific EPs within or between EPGs ? 

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

micgarc2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No we can not deny a specific IP learned in the fabric. Since ACI groups EPs into EPGs it just based off contracts  and/or preferred groups if you get more advanced. Contracts are based off protocols/ports. If you have any scenarios where you need EPs within an EPG to be restricted you can use Intra-EPG isolate. If this isn't your need the closest thing you can do is strategically configure your EPGs/contracts to segregate your workloads.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

micgarc2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No we can not deny a specific IP learned in the fabric. Since ACI groups EPs into EPGs it just based off contracts  and/or preferred groups if you get more advanced. Contracts are based off protocols/ports. If you have any scenarios where you need EPs within an EPG to be restricted you can use Intra-EPG isolate. If this isn't your need the closest thing you can do is strategically configure your EPGs/contracts to segregate your workloads.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License