Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI - DHCP L2 out

Chris010
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a DHCP server inside the fabric in a EPGs and I want to use it in my L2 out. Outside, I have configured a dhcp relay in my gateway, border to the fabric. I can send a Discover request to my endpoint (server dhcp) from my computer,it pass through the relay, then my DHCP server receive it, and it want to reply (DHCP offer) but the reply stay in the BD because unicast routing is activated. When i deactivate unicast routing its works, but i dont want to deactivate it because I need to route with other BD. I have configure a dhcp relay inside the fabric on the BD Common but nothing works... I know that DHCP relay inside the fabric allow relaying DHCP through the other BD but I dont know how it does with an external BD...

Computer ----> GW Relay Dhcp-------> | fabric  BD ---> epg dhcp server OK Discover

Computer <-- X --- GW Relay Dhcp <--- X  | fabric  BD <---- epg dhcp server NOK Offer

Thanks for replying.

1 Reply 1

Chris010
Level 1
Level 1

OK my problem was about arp learning. I have ping my Gateway Dhcp server from my gateway outside and then its work... Why learning mac ip doesn't work automaticaly until I dont have ping my BD subnet ?? ??

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License