Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

aci doesn't remove endpoints after removing interfaces

Hello aci colleges, 

we found strange behavior on aci. After removing some interface from static bindings(paths) cisco aci doesn't clear endpoints learned from this interface. On the leafs mac address still exist pointing to the removed interface

So there is a problem with a primitive l2 switch task - move vlan from one trunk to another. 

Now I'm thinking about clearing endpoints via REST API at the same time I change interfaces on the EPG but for now I found only clearing on the apic - http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/1-x/cli/nx/cr/b_APIC_NXOS_CLI_Cmd_Reference/b_APIC_NXOS_CLI_Cmd_Reference_chapter_011.html#wp1456897210. 

So could you please share you ideas about how solve this simple task on aci? :)

p.s  Additional details - i use epg just as vlan, so unicast routing is disabled, unknown unicast flood is enabled, apic version is 1.3(2f)

3 Replies 3

I've opened a case. Seems like cisco aci is so stupid that doesn't remove endpoints and mac addresses after removing path bindings from EPG. 

it looks like aci was designed not by cisco engineers but some else company without experience in network technologies :)  There is a lack of many network functions that was usual on every l3 switch 10 years ago.

Hi Vladimir,

Did you resolved this issue with Cisco after all?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License