Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI integration with F5 ADC...times of good old Cisco documentation are gone

Leo Gal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys

I am trying to learn how to use service graph in ACI to connect F5 devices, but struggling here to get some serious notes how to do it.

Can you please kick me in the right direction where I can find reasonably current and reasonable complete documents on how to do stuff?

Cause so far this whole thing looks very shabby, most of the documents are several years old, not actual, device package is EOL. I do not know how I should use the F5 Service Center or iworkflow etc.

I was able to find multiple videos on how to integrate firewall in one arm mode, but only few and very brief videos how to work with F5.

Would need a book ACI & F5 service graph for dummies...any hints please? I owe you a beer in advance.

Please do not point me in the direction of white paper. Went through those already.

Thank you

Leo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello again @Leo Gal,

You might already be aware of all these ones, but I thought might still be good to share them with you. Just in case you missed any of these. It can be a good point of reference for others as well:

Regarding ACI & F5 specific, these are the latest video on ciscolive:

• SOLACI-2002 - F5 ServiceCenter and Cisco ACI – a single point provisioning of L2-L7 SDN infrastructure (2019) - pretty new

Other than that, ACI SG-generic documents I like to use as references:
  • ACI PBR / Multi-Pod and Service Node Integration/ Multi-Site and Service Node Integration whitepapers
  • BRKACI-2486 - Let's Get Started with ACI Service Insertion
  • BRKACI-2644 - ACI Troubleshooting: Policy Based Redirect (PBR)

Stay safe and keep in touch.

Cheers,
Sergiu

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello again @Leo Gal,

You might already be aware of all these ones, but I thought might still be good to share them with you. Just in case you missed any of these. It can be a good point of reference for others as well:

Regarding ACI & F5 specific, these are the latest video on ciscolive:

• SOLACI-2002 - F5 ServiceCenter and Cisco ACI – a single point provisioning of L2-L7 SDN infrastructure (2019) - pretty new

Other than that, ACI SG-generic documents I like to use as references:
  • ACI PBR / Multi-Pod and Service Node Integration/ Multi-Site and Service Node Integration whitepapers
  • BRKACI-2486 - Let's Get Started with ACI Service Insertion
  • BRKACI-2644 - ACI Troubleshooting: Policy Based Redirect (PBR)

Stay safe and keep in touch.

Cheers,
Sergiu

Hello Sergiu :-)

Thank you again!

Im gonna hop on it right away.

We will be in touch most probably very soon, working on it.

Take care and enjoy weekend!

Cheers :-)

Leo

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License