Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI Multi-Pod Configuration

I need help in deploying ACI-Multi-pod Setup, along with IPN Network.  Want to keep 2 APIC controller in at both DC. 

Each DC will have 2 Spine and 6 leaf switches along with 2 APIC controller. 

What settings should be enabled & configured on SEED POD APIC. And start discovering fabric along with 2 controllers.

How other side DC POD should be configured, whether it should be discovered using  other 2 APIC controllers.

Followed by IPN configuration or IPN should be configured 1st before Fabric discovery. 

Can someone Suggest setup by setup approach, how to configure Multi-Pod ACI Fabric. 

Thanks for your support

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

richmond
Level 1
Level 1

Have you read this white paper? https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/data-center-virtualization/application-centric-infrastructure/white-paper-c11-739714.html

Configure the IPN first as it is required for pod 2 to communicate with pod 1. Do discovery for the whole fabric (pods 1 and 2) on a pod 1 APIC then add the other APICs to the cluster once discovery is complete across both pods. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

richmond
Level 1
Level 1

Have you read this white paper? https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/data-center-virtualization/application-centric-infrastructure/white-paper-c11-739714.html

Configure the IPN first as it is required for pod 2 to communicate with pod 1. Do discovery for the whole fabric (pods 1 and 2) on a pod 1 APIC then add the other APICs to the cluster once discovery is complete across both pods. 

Thanks Richmond for your support. Will look into document for understanding 

Hi Richmond,

So i my case i should Build both pod using 2 controller in both DC individually and connect IPN links to spines switches. And do discover of fabric on SEED POD.  

The APICs in pod 2 will not join the cluster until multi-pod setup is complete and you have completed the fabric discovery across both pods. This is why you do the initial setup and configuration work from the seed pod APIC(s). There a several components that need configuring including access policies for the spines and multi-pod routed outside. It’s all outlined in the linked white paper. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License