cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI SIM

UmeshKath36573
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys can anyone help me in installing ACI SIM. I have downloaded 4 OVA files form software.cisco.com but one of them is downloaded in .tar format and after unzip that .tar file I got 3 files 1. VMDK, 2. OVA, 3. Mf/mg.

When I concatenate all ova into one and try to upload on Esxi then it gives me an error " invalid files".

Can anyone help me in this please.

I am following 

Installation guide https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/3-x/simulator/install_vm/b_Cisco_ACI_Simulator_VM_Install_Guide.html 

Software  https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286283149/type/286283168/release/4.2(3l)

8 Replies 8

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @UmeshKath36573 ,

Are you sure you got all the files from the same version? I can't get 4.2(3l) anymore.

image.png

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Yes, I downloaded all the file form same version.

Hi, 

I realise now the reason I got the error was that I'd clicked on the link in your post (which is missing the last ")" character)

So back to your problem:

Did you check the MD5 (or SHA12) checksum of each of the .ova files you downloaded?

image.png

Once the file has downloaded, open a teminal window and change directory to the download directory then issue the command

md5 acisim-4.2-3l_part3.ova

and the same number should appear

(you may have to install the md5 application first)

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Hi Have Downloaded and Install 4.2.6d but i am able to login in to the ACISIM via console but the oob IP which i have assigned is not reachable.

Kindly find the attached screenshot for your reference.

Can you ping the APICs Mgmt IP?  If not you probably didn't enable Promiscuous Mode on the vSwitch/vDS.

Robert

@robert, I have enabled Promiscuous mode on vSwitch from vCentre but still not able to reach my device.

kindly find the attachment for your reference.

Can you reach the GW IP from the Sim CLI?  I'd put a test VM in the same port group (give it IP from same subnet) and see if it can reach the Sim IP - Yes, then you have an upstream networking issue. If not, then you have some issue with the Sim.  Did you adhere to all the VM CPU & memory requirements for the Sim VM?  

Robert

I faced the same problem with accessing the oob address I've configured in the setup phase. The problem was that the oob interface of the ACISIM requires jumbo frames with mtu 9000. If you don't have this configured on the ESXi vSwitch interfaces you configured for ACISIM, then you won't be able to communicate with it.

Regards,

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License