Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI Static L3 Out between Border Leafs in DC-DRC situation

AriSadewo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I am new to ACI and English is not my first language, please bear with me.

Currently, we have Dual Fabric ACI configured in our DC DRC setup. Each Fabric has L3 Out to ASA for Internet Connectivity. No DC-DRC connectivity as of now.

Recently , The customer bought 500 mbps Metro Ethernet Link between DC-DRC for L2 Extension to NXOS environment (basically carry one vlan from DC ACI fabric to traditional NXOS in DRC site).

We have successfully extend the EPG to NXOS using same vlan id extended via Metro Ethernet service. 

The customer now wants to connect the EPG between DC DRC using 500 mbps Metro above, is that kind of requirements supported in Dual Fabric ACI ? since based on the white paper, as of below 

The validated Cisco ACI dual-fabric design consists of two Cisco ACI fabrics, one per site, interconnected through one of the following DCI options: back-to-back vPC over dark fiber, back-to-back vPC over DWDM, or VXLAN or OTV.

The Questions are :

1.Is static L3 out using VPC in each border leafs via 500 mbps trunk Metro supported ? (Please see attached file below)

Question 1Question 1Question 2Question 2

2. If point 1 is not supported, what is the workaround for this ?  Will the attached diagram above work?

I apologise if this kind of questions have been asked before.

Thank you very much

Ari

1 Reply 1

Rick1776
Level 5
Level 5
What is the customer trying to achieve? L2 Mobility?

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License