cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change OOB IPs of APICs

brlehigh
Level 1
Level 1

I have a production fabric (running v4.2(3l) ) and I need to move the OOB management interfaces for the APIC cluster to a different subnet.  This looks like it should be an easy enough procedure by updating static node management address for each APIC node under Tenant > mgmt > Node Management Address > Static Node Management Address.

- Is this all that needs to be done?

- I have two VMware VMM integrations.  Will changing the IPs of the APICs break or disrupt these integrations in any way?

- Any other caveats or steps that I should be aware of?

Thanks!

-Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

brlehigh
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to close the loop since it never received a response.
Changing the OOB IPs for the APICs went exactly as mentioned above without any negative impacts to the fabric or VMM integrations.
The only additional steps I took were to ensure the new IPs had reachability to the following services prior to making the change:
NTP, DNS, AAA, SNMP, Syslog, Callhome, and the vCenter servers.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

brlehigh
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to close the loop since it never received a response.
Changing the OOB IPs for the APICs went exactly as mentioned above without any negative impacts to the fabric or VMM integrations.
The only additional steps I took were to ensure the new IPs had reachability to the following services prior to making the change:
NTP, DNS, AAA, SNMP, Syslog, Callhome, and the vCenter servers.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License