cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACI Fabric / Leaf node high memory utilization issue

sripjena
Level 1
Level 1

on our Cisco ACI fabric (firmware version 2.3(1e)), we see memory utilization is reaching high upto 80% on one of the leaf-nodes..and stays at around 70%

i could see the active processes with their memory usage details using "show processes memory"...

Is there any default/known system processes out there that can be stopped or something like that!! please suggest thanks.. please suggest minimum recommended troubleshooting steps for high memory utilization..

2 Replies 2

micgarc2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can restart and stop processes but it isn't recommended unless absolutely necessary and also could not solve the issue. I would continue to monitor : show system resources and show process memory. Are you experiencing high memory utilization or CPU as well? It is also possible you are experiencing a memory leak on one of your processes causing this utilization to rise. 50% to 60% utilization is usually considered a healthy state. If you start to experience anything around or above 90% then that is an issue and I recommend to open a TAC case to look into this further. If you monitor it proactively we can do things such as a planned leaf reload or look into logs further to see what is causing this to happen before something happens on its own.

Regards,

Michael G.

micgarc2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Also, another thing to note. That firmware version 2.3(1e) has been deferred so if you are running this in production you may want to consider that. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License