cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACI Gateway can't communicate with VMWare

abbasali5
Level 1
Level 1

I am having issues connecting VMware to ACI Gateway.  I need some troubleshooting steps to assist with.

APICs, Leafs, Spines switches were all rebuilt from scratch.

Out of Band addresses all assigned

ACI to vCenter connection are built and Distributed Virtual Switch created within vCenter

VPC to 6500 VSS core created, one link to each leaf switch and Trunk switch state enabled on ACI side

EIGRP relationship established, routes being advertised from ACI, peer relationship

Layer 3 Bridge domain created in common Tenant and Application Profiles applied to Web VM and File Server VM

but none of the VMs are able to communicate with ACI Gateway.

Any insight will be appreciated.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

dpita
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello

Just to make sure, did you associate the VMM domain to the EPGs? Have you added the uplinks to the DVS in vCenter? have you checked interface status of its "out of service/discovery" or "UP/EPG"? do you have CDP/LLDP information regarding the ESX hypervisor? is the SVI deployed on the leafs where you expect it? 

Those are just a few questions to get started. ACI, at the end of the day, is just a switch. Checking for VLANs, interfaces status, SVIs, and trunking is still key. 

Looking forward to your response! i apologize for the delay. 

Thanks Denial!  No worries for the late reply.

Actually, whatever you suggested have been validated and we didn't find any faults.  We are looking into HP C7000 chassis/Virtual Connect to make sure that the problem is not at the HP end.

Will keep you posted.

Regards,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License