Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco ACI nxos style issue

michelvankessel
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

We are running version 1.2(1m) and run into a error, when trying to add a port as a static binding to an EPG. Does anyone know if this is a known bug? Cannot find anything in the bug tool

apic1# conf
apic1(config)# leaf 101
apic1(config-leaf)# interface ethernet 1/37
apic1(config-leaf-if)# where
configure; leaf 101; interface ethernet 1 / 37
apic1(config-leaf-if)# switchport trunk allowed vlan 320 tenant TENTANTapplication ANP epg EPG
Error: local variable 'accBaseGrpDn' referenced before assignment
Command execution failed.
apic1(config-leaf-if)#

Many thanks in advance

9 Replies 9

dpita
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Thanks for using Support Forums!

I can't seem to recreate that error. Just to clarify, did you assign the vlan domain beforehand using the "vlan-domain member [name] type phys"?

Could you also provide the output to 

• show running-config leaf 101 interface ethernet 1/37
  • show vlan-domain
  • show running-config tenant TENANT application ANP epg EPG

Thanks!

Hello,

I forgot to mention that this ONLY happens via de CLI. If we use the GUI, than the port appears as static binding inside the epg. 

The port is indeed configured within the "phys" domain. VLAN 320 is part of the pool/domain

Did you use version 1.2(1m)? I know it use to work on 1.2(1k), but we had a upgrade recently.

I use 1.2(2g) in our lab, which doesn't show the error.

Thanks

Oops, it seems my controllers are on 1.2(2g) but switches are on 11.2(1m)

Would you mind opening a case so that i may look deeper into this issue. If its not in 1.2(2g) then theres a good possibility whatever it was is not present in the new code. Otherwise, i hope you can attach the /var/log/dme/log/decody.log file to your next reply, if there is nothing confidential on there. 

I guess, best thing to do is opening a TAC case. Anyway, I cannot post to much info hear, because it is from one of our customers. But I was able to capture some more error info from the decoy.log file. Hope you have a clue?

'2833||2016-02-26 08:21:57,737||decoy||ERROR||Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/mgmt/opt/controller/yaci/yaci/_ctx.py", line 548, in invokeCmd

configMos = self.__invokeCb(cmd.toConfigCb, None)

File "/mgmt/opt/controller/yaci/yaci/_ctx.py", line 636, in __invokeCb

return cb(**cbArgs)

File "/mgmt/opt/controller/yaci/config/leaf/interface/ethernet/switchport/staticEpg.py", line 157, in switchportConfig

vlan=ctx.epgEncapVlan, fex=fex)]

File "/mgmt/opt/controller/yaci/lib/utils/vlan_utils.py", line 140, in getDomainFromInterface

if not accBaseGrpDn:

UnboundLocalError: local variable 'accBaseGrpDn' referenced before assignment

||/mgmt/opt/controller/yaci/yaci/_ctx.py||563'

'2833||2016-02-26 08:21:57,737||decoy||ERROR||Error: local variable 'accBaseGrpDn' referenced before assignment||/mgmt/opt/controller/yaci/yaci/_ctx.py||566'

'2833||2016-02-26 08:21:57,737||decoy||ERROR||Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/mgmt/opt/controller/decoy/apps/execserver/execapp.py", line 112, in _process

retCode = cfgCtx.execCommand(cmdToks, termCtx, termMode=termMode)

File "/mgmt/opt/controller/yaci/yaci/_ctx.py", line 418, in execCommand

raise ValueError("Command execution failed.")

ValueError: Command execution failed.

||/mgmt/opt/controller/decoy/apps/execserver/execapp.py||137'

That is exactly what i needed! nicely done!

I see you are working with Andrei from Brussels TAC. i will ping him. i will also post findings on this thread. Thank you!

Correct! Andrei is helping us from the TAC side with issues we run into, during the implementation and migration. 

Thanks

Hello Daniel, Did you have any luck trying to reproduce this error? I also want to remind you, that this environment has also a FEX connected to each leaf switch. I wasn't able to test this in my lab env. 

Michel

Was just wondering what the conclusion was.

We're experiencing the same thing on v 1.3(2i)

Mark, 

There was a bug against this behavior where we cannot configure an interface in CLI if there is an existing interface description. If there is an existing interface description then try to remove using the command below. 

apic1(config-leaf-if)# no desc

Try to running the 'switchport trunk' command again after the command above. 

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License