Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Cisco ACI simulator support SNMP

Arun Srinivasan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

I have deployed Cisco ACI simulator version 5.1(4c). While am able to play with the REST APIs via APIC, am also interested in access the ACI (SPIC, Spine and Leaves via SNMP). The APIC, Spine and Leafs all are reachable via Static Management addresses (OOB Management) and I have enabled/configured SNMP policy/filter and contract as per documentation. But still I am not be able to do SNMP walk on the APIC, Spine and Leafs.

Hence wanted to check if SNMP access is supported in ACI simulator or are there any steps still missing?

Best Regards

4 Replies 4

Arun Srinivasan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

Please let know if SNMP is supported on the Cisco ACI simulator software (I am using 5.1(4c)). I have tried many suggestions in the forum but just couldn't get the ACI devices to respond to SNMP. While it responds to ping, ssh, http/s, telnet etc.

Any inputs would be immensely helpful.

Best Regards

Yes is supported but you need to create a SNMP policy for it to work: Fabric > Fabric Policies > Pod Policies > SNMP > Create SNMP Policy

There are also other aspects you must be aware of, but you find everything you need to know in the following config guide: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/solutions/collateral/data-center-virtualization/application-centric-infrastructure/aci-guide-configuring-snmp.pdf

Scratch that. I just noticed you mentioned about the config you made. I guess, if it doesn't work at all, could be possible that SNMP was removed from supported features? I don;t have a simulator available, so I can't test it.

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Arun Srinivasan
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the reply. Are you aware of any Cisco ACI simulator version that supports SNMP as well?

Suggest to use the real ACI hardware to test SNMP functions since simulator only provides the most basic features. (You could try on dcoud labs)

Checked most recent simulator release note, didn't find support SNMP function. 

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License