Views
Helpful
Replies

EPG - ESG migration

Utami1151
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to migrate some of my EPGs to new ESGs based on application functions, but not all EPGs are getting migrated to ESGs. Due to limitation of contract usage between EPG and ESG, to allow flows between the new ESG and all the workload that will remain in EPG the option that I can think of is to migrate the EPG to a separate ESG (with EPG selector) to be able to apply contracts.

I have no lab to try this solution and trying to build one so I don't know if this solution is going to work. Can you please help in confirming if this will work?

For example:

EPG-A has 20 endpoints. 5 out of 20 endpoints will be migrated to ESG-web. ESG-web has traffic flows to the rest of the endpoints that are remaining in EPG-A. My plan is to migrate EPG-A in its entirety to ESG-A (with EPG selector) and pick 5 endpoints from EPG-A to be migrated to ESG-web, so the contract can then be applied between ESG-A and ESG-web. 

My question: is this going to work? will the 5 endpoints only be a member of ESG-web or both ESG-A and ESG-web? 

Thank you.  

1 Reply 1

naveeku6
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, You can associate 5 endpoints from EPG-A to ESG-Web with EPG selector as IP/MAC and remaining endpoints in EPG-A in ESG-A with same EPG selector. 
if you use IP/mac/tag selector for ESG, endpoints from a single EPG can belong to different ESGs, but an EP can belong to only one ESG at a time (based on the selector)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License