Views
Helpful
Replies

ESXI(VMs) to ACI reachability issue.

subashchandran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Vcentre integration with ACI is fine and able to discover the Vms and DVS switch.

I am not able to ping from VM(web) to G/w ie; BD in ACI.

Port groups are mapped to respective VMs...

Management traffic is using Vswitch and ACI traffic using DVS.

Kindly advice...

Regards,

Subash

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

We discovered two major issues in the deployment. 

• Uplinks in UCSM did not have any pin-groups or VLAN groups associated. I created a VLAN Group for your management VLAN and one for your ACI VLANs
  • Secondly, there was a mistake with cabling and the ACI interface policy groups that as preventing traffic and adjacencies from forming. once the interface policy groups for the UCSB FIs in ACI was corrected (FI-A on port 9 and FI-B on port 7) connectivity into the fabric was established. 

Thank you for contacting support forums!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Harish Chopra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may have to create Attachable Access entity profiles and allow the VLANs Pool in that, if I remember it correctly.

Hi Harish,

I had created VLAN pool and AEP in the VMM tab.

As Harish Mentioned, the Vlan Pool and VMM domain are tied together, but the VMM domain needs to be associated to the AAEP which is connected to the interface policy group and is how VLANs are deployed/configured on interfaces. 

If you like, feel free to open a TAC case and i can work with you on the issue. 

Hi,

here is connectivity details:-

ESXI host is located in the UCSB series chasis.

ESXI-Blade---DVS----FI(A&B)----fibre--------Leaf node(only one leaf node)

Created the Interface policy/switch profiles and in the Global policy called the Vcentre domain,

Management traffic is using Vmnic1 uplink  and using standard switch

Vmnic0 uplink is using DVS switch and going to Blade NICS.

Management (Vcentre is pinging fine from the APIC.

When i change the port group  from DVS to Standard switch PG , VMS are pinging fine...

Hello

I see you are using a UCSB. now there are a few things we can discuss. first of all, is it a single link and are you using the Vswitch over-ride policies for MAC Pinning? secondly, what version is UCSM running, if it is not the latest ACI and the vNIC policy must have CDP enabled either through the interface policy group or the Vswitch over-ride policy. 

I do suggest a case be opened at this time. we can try to solve it over the message board but it might take along longer than it should. 

have a nice day

Hello

We discovered two major issues in the deployment. 

• Uplinks in UCSM did not have any pin-groups or VLAN groups associated. I created a VLAN Group for your management VLAN and one for your ACI VLANs
  • Secondly, there was a mistake with cabling and the ACI interface policy groups that as preventing traffic and adjacencies from forming. once the interface policy groups for the UCSB FIs in ACI was corrected (FI-A on port 9 and FI-B on port 7) connectivity into the fabric was established. 

Thank you for contacting support forums!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License