Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure ACI Leaf port to Fabric Interconnect

williammanurung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have two fabric interconnect (A and B), port 1-4 on fabric interconnect A and B facing to aggregation N7K ,and port 5 on fabric interconnect A and B facing to UCS. I configured vpc and run well.

FI.png

In the next stage, I have new ACI environment (red line) and want to configure ACI leaf to Fabric interconnect. Let's say,  I want configure port 10-11 on fabric interconnect A and B to ACI Leaf 1 and 2. Then, port 11 on fabric interconnect A and B to UCS.

In the others word, I have two island network in fabric interconnect which are traditional network and ACI network.

Can I do that? is it possible configure leaf to fabric interconnect only using vpc without full migrate using VMM integration?

Best regards,

William

1 Reply 1

joezersk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, this is possible.  It is actually enabled by a UCS feature called "Disjoint L2 Networking".  I do this in my own fabric.

There are some design considerations.  The main one being that you need specify which FI LAN-pin group any given VLAN should use.  It can only use one.  You can do this in the LAN Uplinks Manager part of UCSM. 

For example, if you want VLAN-100 to use the uplinks to your legacy Nexus 7K, then that same VLAN cannot also be used on the the uplinks to the ACI fabric. 

I took a screen shot from my UCSM.  You can see I have two pin groups.  One goes to eth 1/4 uplink and the other goes to a port channel I set up towards ACI. In your vNIC templates in UCSM, you can call out which pin group should be used. 

Hope that helps!

Screenshot 2020-08-12 at 16.58.24.png

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License