Views
Helpful
Replies

How to delete IP on SVI (MO ipv4Addr)

Marcel Zehnder
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

My customer made a typo while configuring a SVI-IP under a L3-out. In a second step he changed the IP to the correct value. However, the wrong IP is still configured on the leaf:

fabric 211 show ip interface vlan 114
----------------------------------------------------------------
IP Interface Status for VRF "TN-XYZ-DC:PN-VRF1"
vlan114, Interface status: protocol-up/link-up/admin-up, iod: 5,
IP address: 10.84.84.27, IP subnet: 10.84.84.0/24
IP address: 10.84.84.48, IP subnet: 10.84.84.0/24 --> WRONG OLD IP
IP broadcast address: 255.255.255.255
IP primary address route-preference: 1, tag: 0

I'm pretty sure, the old IP will disappear if I reload the leaf. But is there a way to delete this IP without reloading the leaf? I tried to send a DELETE to the corresponding MO-DN (see below) - but this is an unsupported operation. 

{
"ipv4Addr": {
"attributes": {
"addr": "10.84.84.48/24",
"dn": "topology/pod-1/node-211/sys/ipv4/inst/dom-TN-XYZ-DC:PN-VRF1/if-[vlan114]/addr-[10.84.84.48/24]",
"ipv4CfgFailedBmp": "",
"ipv4CfgFailedTs": "00:00:00:00.000",
"ipv4CfgState": "0",
"lcOwn": "local",
"modTs": "2017-05-02T09:40:04.996+02:00",
"monPolDn": "",
"operSt": "up",
"operStQual": "up",
"pref": "1",
"status": "",
"tag": "0",
"type": "primary",
"vpcPeer": "0.0.0.0"
}
}
}

Thank you 

Marcel

6 Replies 6

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Marcel,

I can not replicate the issue.

Which version are you running on the APICs?

Thanks

T.

Hi Tomas

It's version 2.1(1h) - it's a deferred release, I know (update is already planned). 

Regards

Marcel

Jason Williams
Level 1
Level 1

Does the Mo exist only on the leaf or is it on the APIC too? 

If it's on the APIC then a clean wipe and reload on the leaf wouldn't help because the APIC would push the object onto the leaf again. You would probably have to remove the BD and re-add. 

If the Mo exists only on the leaf, then you could try removing the BD <> VRF association temporarily. Move the BD to a dummy or common VRF for a few seconds. See if the IP was removed, then move the BD back to its original VRF.

Jason

Seems like the MO exists somehow on the APIC too: There is the above mentioned ipv4Addr-MO on the APIC, however there is no corresponding l3extRsPathL3OutAtt-MO on the APIC.

I have to do an upgrade anyways, maybe this will help as well.

Thanks

Marcel

If your network environement permits changes, then you would try changing the VRF as I mentioned earlier. If you're 100% sure that this is not configured in the GUI, then changing the VRF association should flap the configuration (removing the SVI and redeploy SVI based on current configuration)

Okay I see, there is no easy way to get rid of that IP. I will need a maintenance window if I must flap the VRF association (the SVI-IP is from an external routed network BD and all datacenter-clients are behind this L3out).

Thank you Jason and Tomas for your answers

Marcel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License