cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to list BGP routes advertised by an ACI Leaf over an L3OUT ?

guillerm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we are running APIC 2.3 with ACI Spine/Leaf 12.3;

I have managed to collect some BGP commands that work on those ACI Leaf such as :

show ip bgp summary vrf TN_TRAN:TN_TRAN_VRF
show ip bgp neigh vrf TN_TRAN:TN_TRAN_VRF
show ip bgp neigh 10.1.1.1 vrf TN_TRAN:TN_TRAN_VRF
show ip route bgp  vrf TN_TRAN:TN_TRAN_VRF
show ip route bgp  next-hop 10.1.1.1 vrf TN_TRAN:TN_TRAN_VRF

show bgp sessions vrf TN_TRAN:TN_TRAN_VRF
show bgp ipv4 unicast vrf TN_TRAN:TN_TRAN_VRF
show bgp ipv4 unicast neighbors vrf  TN_TRAN:TN_TRAN_VRF
show bgp ipv4 unicast neighbors 10.1.1.1 vrf TN_TRAN:TN_TRAN_VRF

But I can't find a valid command that would be equivalent to this one to list the routes advertised by the Leaf :

show ip bgp neighbor 10.1.1.1 advertised-routes vrf TN_TRAN:TN_TRAN_VRF

any idea ?

any idea about a Command reference manual for ACI Leaf;

I found one here : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/2-x/cli/inxos/12x/b_ACI_Switch_Command_Ref_12x.html

but nothing found

thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From the leaf CLI, you can run the command "vsh"and then you can run pretty much all commands like normal NXoS.

leaf102# vsh                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Cisco iNX-OS Debug Shell                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

This shell should only be used for internal commands and exists                                                                                                                                                                                            

for legacy reasons. User should use ibash infrastructure as this                                                                                                                                                                                           

will be deprecated.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

leaf102# show ip bgp neighbors 7.7.7.7 advertised-routes vrf gkumark:gkumark-vrf   

Hope this helps       

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Rick1776
Level 5
Level 5

You can attach to that specific leaf and run those commands.

admin@apic1:aci> attach leaf1
# Executing command: ssh leaf1
Warning: Permanently added 'leaf1,10.0.75.31' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
admin@leaf1's password:
admin@leaf1:~>

hello Rick,

I don't see what you mean;

I am able to connect to the Leaf via SSH (directly or thru APIC attach commands as you mentionned) and enter all the BGP commands  I listed; no problem on that part;

I just look for the BGP command tht list the advertised-routes to a neighbor ...if such a command exists in ACI

I hope it is clearer

thanks

Are you only allowing certain routes out or allowing all routes?

Also each leaf keeps it's own tables that it shares with the spines. So if you don't have and security rules to import or export the rules you should see all routes. 

It really depends on how you setup the routes.

Hello Rick,

My question is just to know what is the command equivalent to :

show ip bgp neighbor 10.1.1.1 advertised-routes vrf TN_TRAN:TN_TRAN_VRF

since this command does not work on ACI Leaf

I perfectly understand that our BGP setup will condition which routes are advertised or not by ACI Leaf;

this is why I want to display the list of routes really advertised by Leaf based on this BGP setup,

that can help to confirm our setup is OK or not in case of problems;

but to display this list of BGP advertised routes, I am searching for the appropriate ACI show command.

Sorry, I'm not trying to aggravate you, just trying to help.

It only seems that they have the following command
show ip bgp neighbors vrf
show ip bgp neighbors [arg0] vrf { all | vrf-name }

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/1-x/nxos/cli/b_inxos_command_ref/b_inxos_command_ref_chapter_01010.html#wp2098239626

From the leaf CLI, you can run the command "vsh"and then you can run pretty much all commands like normal NXoS.

leaf102# vsh                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Cisco iNX-OS Debug Shell                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

will be deprecated.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

leaf102# show ip bgp neighbors 7.7.7.7 advertised-routes vrf gkumark:gkumark-vrf   

Hope this helps       

hello Ganesh,

thanks, it work !

btw, when issuing vsh command, as you have noticed,the following message appears :

Cisco iNX-OS Debug Shell
will be deprecated.

I have ttry to use the following commands (after exiting from vsh) and all of them failed except bash, but then, the bgp advertised-routes command you provided did not work :

ibash infrastructure

ibash

bash infrastructure

bash

under bash, the following command works :

show bgp ipv4 unicast neighbors 10.1.1.1 vrf TN1:TN1_VRF

but not :

show bgp ipv4 unicast neighbors 10.1.1.1 advertised-routes vrf TN1:TN1_VRF

Thanks for sharing. Is there a document that covers this command because I couldn’t find one.

You can use this command on the leaf CLI:

leaf-1#show bgp ipv4 unicast neighbors <ip> advertised-routes vrf <vrf>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License