Views
Helpful
Replies

Overlapping l3out subnets

Ibrahim010
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

So I am running in to the following problem: I want to upgrade my ACI Fabric, but I ran in to overlapping subnets. Now overlapping subnets should not be a problem but seeing I am not too familiar with the network and I want to clean up some faults we have in ACI I would rather clear these overlapping subnets. Now say you have two l3out EPGs: EPGa with subnet 10.10.0.0/16 and EPGb with subnet 10.10.1.0/24, 10.10.5.0/25, and 10.10.7.0/23. So these subnets clearly overlap. I was thinking of solving this by cutting the /16 in to smaller bits and keeping the specific subnets on EPGb and whatever stays outside of that on EPGa. Now, the problem is that I am not sure if there is a traffic going over the /16 that should actually be going over the specific subnets. So now my question is how do i tackle this problem? Is the solution above viable and how do I monitor the traffic flow to be sure of the traffic flows?

Thanks guys.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License