Views
Helpful
Replies

Same VLAN's convergence from Separate Environments for Cisco ACI

balbaletabrez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

Need your assistance to configure the existence of same VLAN's 900 in 3 different environments eg PROD, NONPROD and MGMT, VLAN 900 exists in all 3 (Its is a brownfield and currently does exists), Now Cisco ACI is introduced (Greenfield) in this environment for Configuring VLAN 900 of PROD is not an issue, the concern here is the other environments NONPROD and MGMT once configured in the ACI wont it cause overlapping of IP's and Subnets including the VLAN?? cannot change as the GW resides in PA FW with Specific Static Routes.

So please help me to understand better, i know the external VLAN info hold no relevance in ACI as VxLAN takes over, also for overlapping there is VNI which will be added for segregation, so how do i migrate?? Can you help with the CLI commands, Also configuring all the environments on separate Leaf switches may isolate the problem?? Changing the existing configuration is not an option.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @balbaletabrez ,

It sounds like you need to configure three tenants. PROD, NONPROD and MGMT

VLAN IDs are specific per tenant, and local to each ACI Leaf switch - but there is a small problem if VLAN 900 exists on the SAME switch for two different Tenants. In this case you need to ensure that the Interface Policy Group of at least one of the Tenants has a L2 Interface Policy that specifies Per Port VLAN as explained here.

I hope this helps

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @balbaletabrez ,

It sounds like you need to configure three tenants. PROD, NONPROD and MGMT

VLAN IDs are specific per tenant, and local to each ACI Leaf switch - but there is a small problem if VLAN 900 exists on the SAME switch for two different Tenants. In this case you need to ensure that the Interface Policy Group of at least one of the Tenants has a L2 Interface Policy that specifies Per Port VLAN as explained here.

I hope this helps

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Thanks RedNectar,
One more help please.....how to migrate SVI's to ACI, can you point to the link or help with the cli commands for the VLAN/SVI migration to ACI, I understand its VLAN = EPG = BD.
I did ask for help on this before but i am pointed to documents for long read....i just need CLI commands to do the migration, also it will help to built up a migration script.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License