Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtual APIC Physical Interface Requirement

Noffal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I want to install Virtual APIC on my HPE/Dell server for ACI Deployment, is it need 10G connection (FO / UTP) for this virtual appliance like APIC Appliance physical interface (10G connection as NIC installed on APIC) or it does not matter about the physical connection if we deploy Virtual APIC on commodity server?

I try to find the deployment requirement in this link: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/kb/Cisco-Mini-ACI-Fabric-and-Virtual-APICs.html, but it does not mention the physical connection requirement for Virtual APIC.

Thank You!

4 Replies 4

abhjha2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Noffal

I would like to propose virtual APIC cluster in 6.0.2 instead of ACI Mini.

ACI 6.0.2 release supports virtual APIC cluster that doesn’t require any physical APIC unlike ACI Mini. And also, it doesn’t have limitations that ACI Mini has.

-----------------------------------------
If you find my reply solved your question or issue, kindly click the 'Accept as Solution' button and vote it as helpful.

You can also learn more about Cisco ACI through our live Ask the Experts (ATXs) session. Check out the ATXs Resources [https://community.cisco.com/t5/data-center-and-cloud-knowledge/cisco-aci-ask-the-experts-resources/ta-p/4394491] to view the latest schedule for upcoming sessions, as well as the useful references, e.g. online guides, FAQs.
-----------------------------------------

Hi Abhjha,

So, if we use ACI 6.0.2 (in our spine & leaf switch) and want to deploy all APIC in VM, what product name of controller which we order in CCW?

Thank You!

The PID needed to order is DCN-VAPIC, and you would require 3 of these (one per controller).

Robert

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The virtual APIC in the sense of an "ACI Mini" deployment still requires 1 physical APIC.  For the Virtual APIC the fabric uplinks should be 10G or greater.  Management Interface can be 1G or higher.

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License